xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Completly Messed Up Jasper From Start To Finish  (Read 295 times)

Sheriff

• Archived User
Completly Messed Up Jasper From Start To Finish
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 21 2011, 09:10 PM) View Post

When you run NandPro, it will give you a Flashconfig which should be:

0x01198010 - Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, early 16MB Jaspers with Panda Southbridge
0x00023010 - 16mb Jasper - BB Southbridge
0x008A3020 - 256mb Jasper
0x00AA3020 - 512mb Jasper

Hopefully your flashconfig is still 0x008A3020.

Try flashing the xellous.jasperbb mana100.bin first, and if that doesn't work try the other one in his archive jasper_6723_hack_for_256mb_512mb.TMS.Patched.bin.

Ensure you haven't connected the console to the TV via HDMI, and make sure you remove the power supply from the console for 30seconds after flashing.

Well flashed it and I still dont get a picture, just the green light on. also I am not using hdmi.
Wonder if I should try the donor nand.

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 21 2011, 10:35 PM) View Post

While you could use a donor NAND, if Xellous isn't working then neither is likely to the Donor NAND. You'ld also need a good 64MB  dump to determine if there's any bad blocks.

Open the 16MB dump is XNandHealer 0.6 and see if there are any ECC errors or Bad Blocks.

You need to post some decent in focus photos of your soldering.

Okay, I am going to start from square one and remove all wires and soldering and will take pics of everything and post. kind of going in circles so maybe that would be the best to start from scratch.

UGH just checked my 16mb nand dumps with XNandHealer like you said and it is showing an ECC error:
ECC error: 1 0x0

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »

Okay, starting from scratch. I have removed everything and cleaned up the board.
IPB Image
IPB Image

Now to start rewiring. what is the best wiring to do with a jasper? Could anyone post a link so I start with the absolute right way?

Thanks

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

first: now that you're clean (and it looks like you know what you're doing based on how clean the two spots you are showing us are), does the box boot?

method: i only use boxxdr's aud-clamp method, here

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

Wired in the cable:
IPB Image
IPB Image
Plug end looks messy but cleaning it up some. nothing is shorted.

It would not boot except green light when everything was removed. But I still have Xell flash so maybe thats why?

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 22 2011, 12:05 AM) View Post

Your issue is the ECC error at block 0x0. That's the worst place you could have that. NandPro should have given an error when reading that block when you first dumped it, and then you should have left the console alone.

You could try this Xell I knocked up http://www.themoleho...k/xbox/x123.rar but obviously you do that at your own risk. Wire the JTAG up using DB1F1 and AUD_CLAMP, extract that file to your NandPro directory. Connect the LPT Lead and double click on runme.

Got your file and am willing to try anything at this point...And now my newly soldered cable is giving me issues. Getting all kinds of errors UGH! time to redo the cable again.
When I did the dump originally I never got one error sad.gif

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 22 2011, 12:34 AM) View Post

Try moving the diode. You have it on the LPT header, and that's been said by Tiros to cause issues with noise. You should have the diode on the other end of the cable ie:the motherboard end.

If you still have issues: get a lenth of solder, rap a piece inside the grill on the the metal case on the console and also in the metal casing on the back of your PC.

I think he is absolutely right. I had had diodes on the board before and no problems. I just moved them there and now all kinds of problems lol

Update: move them back to the board and no errors smile.gif
Now back to the original issue.

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

So it doesnt matter what I flash I just get a blank screen and the green light. I have found a couple donor nands...Really starting to think that my only option now sad.gif
I did save my keyvault and config so thats a bonus

Update: flashing the donor nand... crossing my fingers!

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

in my experience, green light no video means the payload ain't getting to the jtag on time, in full, etc.  

read: check your wiring.  twice.  got bottom side with the meter to make sure you've got continuity through the pads.  

tk made you an img to use, but i feel compelled to ask: are you certain the smc built into that matches your wiring method?

occasionally when i get a box to help a friend out with who has the same symptom, it's b/c his (shitty) soldering has gone cold - usually on db1f1 or its sister spots.

AZImmortal

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 21 2011, 05:45 PM) View Post

I'd say by just straight flashing a donor NAND you've fucked it up even more.

Agreed.  It would take a miracle to get this console working again.  Never overwrite your original NAND without a backup, and never flash more than Xellous before you get your CPU key.

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 22 2011, 01:45 AM) View Post

Resolder the JTAG so that it uses ARGON_DATA + DB1F1 as in this the original guides:

IPB Image

download and extract http://www.themoleho...k/xbox/z123.rar as before and double click on runme2. Then post the contents of log.txt

You're still going to need a donor NAND, but you need to be able to get Xell or Xellous booting first.

edit:

I'd say by just straight flashing a donor NAND you've fucked it up even more.

What command line syntax did you use to backup your config?

Sigh, I flashed the donor nand last night before I saw the last few posts....Needless to say the 360 doesnt turn on now. Going to try and flash xellous and rewire it the way you posted but I have to agree...I think I have made a big brick. I do have the key and config file and first 16mb lol

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »

There's a fair chance you've now lost your configuration. You dumped the Nand as you would a 16MB Nand, so presumably you dumped the configuration as you would a 16MB Nand. The Configuration for a 256MB isn't in the same place as the 16MB, nor will it be in the 16MB you've already dumped.

At a guess i'd say you're going to need a new Nand IC, but not having the config will effect it. Like I said, your issue is the ECC error at 0x0. If Xell doesn't work, there's no way on any console a Donor Nand will work

In the files i've given you, i've marked that block 0x0 as bad and remapped it. However I doubt 0x0 is remappable as it's the boot block and it will presumably contain the bad block table. As I said before, you shouldn't have touched a console with an error in block 0x0. NandPro will have given a read error when it read that block.

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 22 2011, 06:55 PM) *

There's a fair chance you've now lost your configuration. You dumped the Nand as you would a 16MB Nand, so presumably you dumped the configuration as you would a 16MB Nand. The Configuration for a 256MB isn't in the same place as the 16MB, nor will it be in the 16MB you've already dumped.

At a guess i'd say you're going to need a new Nand IC, but not having the config will effect it. Like I said, your issue is the ECC error at 0x0. If Xell doesn't work, there's no way on any console a Donor Nand will work

In the files i've given you, i've marked that block 0x0 as bad and remapped it. However I doubt 0x0 is remappable as it's the boot block and it will presumably contain the bad block table. As I said before, you shouldn't have touched a console with an error in block 0x0. NandPro will have given a read error when it read that block.

Yeah, sounds like I took a very nice system and made it into a brick.
I backed up the key vault before doing anything using the command nandpro lpt: -r16 kv1.bin 1 1
And then the guide I used also said to back up the config file and I remember the command said for all versions.
I ended up with a 33k file but I cant seem to find the guide I used now lol.
Anyways that being said I guess I am very uneducated in this area, If I got a good donor nand it doesnt have to be 256mb but only 66mb (something like that) can you explain to me who a donor nand would not boot this box?

Oh and I used NandPro lpt: -w256 donor.bin to flash the donor

This post has been edited by Sheriff: Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »

I think the bigger issue here is that for whatever reason, the data is not writing back to the NAND correctly.

Scrap the LPT option and look for a USB SPI flasher instead (the amount of consoles I've seen wrecked by LPT methods is now too many to bear).

If you're in the UK, drop me a PM and I may be able to help you with this - I've brought many a JTAG 360 back from the grave, even when I've received a 16MB NAND 360 with Bad Blocks and only 2MB dumped.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sheriff @ Jan 22 2011, 07:44 PM) *

And then the guide I used also said to back up the config file and I remember the command said for all versions.

can you explain to me who a donor nand would not boot this box?

There is no one command for dumping the config on all consoles. So you've lost your consoles configuration.

I've told you, you have an ECC error at block 0x0. Which means the block data in that block doesn't match it's checksum. Ie: It's a bad block.

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Jan 22 2011, 07:52 PM) *

I think the bigger issue here is that for whatever reason, the data is not writing back to the NAND correctly.

Scrap the LPT option and look for a USB SPI flasher instead (the amount of consoles I've seen wrecked by LPT methods is now too many to bear).

How's that going to help?

USB won't make any difference, it's not the issue. He's already overwritten his entire NAND and he also had matching dumps of the first 16MB of the NAND.

edit:

If you've downloaded the second file I gave you,

Do the following:
CODE

nandpro lpt: -w256 0x0b.bin 0 8
nandpro lpt: -r256 0x0b2.bin 0 8
fc 0x0b.bin 0x0b2.bin

How many differences do you have?

Then do:

Do the following:
CODE

nandpro lpt: -r256 0x0b3.bin 0 8
fc 0x0b2.bin 0x0b3.bin

How many differences do you have this time?

This post has been edited by tk_saturn: Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3