xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag System With Xexmenu Will Not See 2tb Usb Drive  (Read 77 times)

RRoD420

• Archived User
Jtag System With Xexmenu Will Not See 2tb Usb Drive
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

Are you absolutely sure it's formatted to fat32? Windows won't format 2TB to fat32 you need a third party app, google it. Plug it into windows and see if windows sees it as fat32 or ntfs. If its ntfs nxe will see it and let you configure it but xexmenu wont see anything but fat32. Hope this helps...

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

Also, you don't move ISO files to the JTAG's HDD. You either have to extract the contents of your backup ISO to a folder and run the default.xex, or create a GoD container for the game.

But this prompts me ask, if you didn't know how to do this, how would there be games on the HDD already?
"... it doesnt see my USB drive or games."

ang3lk1ll3r127

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »

Ok I'm having the same issue. this isn't my first jtag console either I am using a Falcon mb I'm using a usb spi reader/ writer and I have flashed with fb .032 my console from the dash shows both my external hard drive and my 16gb sandisk cruzer usb drive but when I boot into xex menu all it shows is hdd1 and flash. it doesn't recognize either the external hard drive or the cruzer. but all the games on my factory hdd work... I'm at a loss. I'd really like to update to the connect dash on this console. any help would be appreciated. I have tried to reflash 3 times. so who knows. sad.gif

mohomuhammad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(jord4n007 @ May 7 2011, 01:22 AM)  

Im having the same issue except that the xexmenu/fsb are detecting my 8gb flash drive but not my 750gb usb harddrive though both show in kinect nxe dash

any solutions?

Im having the same issue except that the xexmenu/fsb are detecting my 8gb flash drive but not my 750gb usb harddrive though both show in kinect nxe dash

any solutions?

go customize the drive through the memory tab in system settings.
once you do that, they should see it.
Thats what i did with my 500G USB

krizalid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

You should also consider that the USBHDD takes longer to be recognize when larger the space.

So I suggest you load NXE dash, plugin USBHDD and give it a minute, than go to storage and you must see it there.

Than, load up custom dash of choice and games.

This happens with a 500G USBHDD of mine

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »

I haven't seen anyone reply to the original reply.

What file system are you using on you external HD? It must be fat32 for xexmenu to read it.

This brings me to my second question, why is anybody still using xexmenu when FSD=Pure Awesome?

lio256

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

When Xexmenu or FSD fails to see a USB drive, usually turning the Console off and back on with the USB drive connected and powered solves the problem. Btw it's also possible to format a drive as HFS+ which is the Mac OS X file system and have it recognised by the XBox, it is more suited to large disks however the downside is the Xbox will have read only access to the disk so content will have to be loaded externally.