xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Udata/tdata Directories  (Read 40 times)

nayr

• Archived User
Udata/tdata Directories
« on: December 19, 2003, 02:32:00 AM »

Hiya,

I'm running an Xbox with the no-modchip exploit, and I've got a few applications that don't want to run anymore - MAME, XBMC, some others that are also freezing when they wern't before.

I just tried upgrading my dashboard to evox 3935, which worked fine, and I'd upgrade my bios (but I'm already running M7, and no more recent ones exist for the nonmodchip, right?).

I'm pretty sure that it's some setting or config that's causing the issues.  I've got around 25 files in both my UDATA and TDATA directories; how the hell do I know what belongs to which?

If I deleted them all, would I break anything (i.e. settings for the bios?)?

Sorry, I'm still a newbie at all this.

RX3

• Archived User
Udata/tdata Directories
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem. After upgrading to 3935, some of my apps freeze now. Anyone have any ideas?

beholder

• Archived User
Udata/tdata Directories
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »

Deleting the contents of UDATA and TDATA would simply delete all your game saves...nothing else. Thats why its perfectly safe to reformat your hardrive, these folders are simply for storing game save info which can be deleted, no harm done.
It would be easier though, to just delete from your ms-dashboard the savefiles of your corrupt games.
This happened to me with XBMC, it crashed everytime it loaded until I eventually deleted its save file :)