xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Official Update Modding  (Read 57 times)

mirrors

• Archived User
Official Update Modding
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

No...

Aldanga

• Archived User
Official Update Modding
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

Just like mirrors said: No. Believe me, the simplest things have been thought of. Anything which would open the console for further exploits would be in extremely detailed and technical matters, not simple things.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Official Update Modding
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »

One always hopes. and you're right: it doesn't hurt to ask.  smile.gif

Btw, good job on searching before posting. I don't think anyone ever mentioned it before, but that's because people who would typically think of such things understand the different layers of security that would make exploiting an update virtually impossible, if not literally impossible. I'd recommend reading up a bit on 360 security if you've got ideas about exploits. There's little likelihood that any new exploits will be found--especially as relatively easy as the newest exploit is--but it'll definitely help to be educated about such matters as you'll have a better understand about what's feasible and what's not.

lilhaywood

• Archived User
Official Update Modding
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »

Good question, I wish it were that simple. We really got lucky with the jtag hack. In my opinion the jtag hack with be the last homebrew we will see in a next-gen console. If it does come out on a future console I do not believe that it will be so easy to do, but we can always dream biggrin.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
Official Update Modding
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »

I take it you haven't seen any of the PS3 exploit stuff that's been going on for a week or so? Anyway, XBR and freeBOOT *are* official updates that are modded - but you can't install them unless you have an exploitable console with the JTAG hack installed. So yes, there are hacked updates, but no, you can't just install them like any other update.