xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which Patchset Is Default For Freeboot .032, Mem Or Xb1?  (Read 42 times)

keine

• Archived User
Which Patchset Is Default For Freeboot .032, Mem Or Xb1?
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »

When building your image with the new bestpig freeboot toolbox or ibuild, which patchset is used by default, Xbox 1 compatibility or the memory access pathset?

I'd like to know as I didn't designate one, and yet I can't get my Xbox1 compatibility to work. I can't start any Xbox 1 from Freestyle....as the console just shuts off upon launching Halo 1.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »

I think you just answered your own question. If you don't choose XB1 compat, then the console shuts down when you try to load an Xbox 1 game.

deadair4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

There is a known bug in Freeboot Toolbox where the patches are backwards.  Select Mem Patching if you want xbox1 compatibility.

Looouky

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

you should be using the dashlaunch patches that contain both, and install launch.exe.

keine

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(RedFarmer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:29 PM) View Post

Do the following:

Transfer 'HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1' to the 360 and run it. It will create a proper XBox1 compability partition on your "internal" MS harddrive.

Download the hacked version of 'Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 for Devkits' and unpack it. You will get a Compatibility folder that you need to transfer the newly created partiotion, the Y drive (usually called Hddx or something like that. Overwrite any existing files if there are any.

Now download Dash Launch and unpack it. You will find a folder called 'flash_installer'. Transfer it to your 360 and run default.xex (don't run launch.xex). This will install a new launch.xex to your console with better XBox1 compability. The readme says this about the new launch.xex:

"launch.xex acts as a helper to detect when xbox1 emulator loads, allowing memory unlock patch and xbox1 emulator to function together".

Looouky

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »

latest r3 uses the new patches, so you just need install launch.xex from dashlaun, if it a bb jasper you might need to find the updated one since that one contains stuff to avoid mu corruption.

as long as you don't have bb jasper then yes follow those 3 steps.

keine

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Looouky, you are a GOD!
Thankyou for your help and answer. Thankyou to others support as well.

Halo1 here I come. I'll report back with my findings.

keine

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »

It worked! a treat.

(BTW, Halo1 BC will only go widescreen in 480p, black bars w/ 720p. Worried there, but thats default behavior. Otherwise!)
Thanks for the help guys.

keine

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

Did you also try to run "HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1" before you did put the emulator files on and then flashed the launch.xex.

Try that, in that order. HDD Compatibility Fixer, Reput on emulator files, and then probably don't need to reflash with launch.xex since its already there.

Hope that fixes it.

svnieuw2

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(keine @ Sep 11 2010, 12:09 AM) View Post

Did you also try to run "HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1" before you did put the emulator files on and then flashed the launch.xex.

Try that, in that order. HDD Compatibility Fixer, Reput on emulator files, and then probably don't need to reflash with launch.xex since its already there.

Hope that fixes it.

I solved it!  biggrin.gif  It turned out that i had one launch.ini on the flash and one on my HD. I deleted the one on the flash and now it's working fine.