xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bad Blocks And Freeboot  (Read 80 times)

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« on: June 25, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »

I am using a usb nand dumper.

I dumped the original NAND.. This is a Falcon

I had 3 bad blocks
1c2

I used BB mover.
Analyzed the original nand.
Selected XBR3 image and it repositioned the blocks for me

I flashed that version of the Falcon XBR3 to the box
I booted to xell and got the CPU key
I put the cpu key into freeboot toolbox and created a freeboot image. - Pointing to the original nand dump.

Now I know I can't flash to the box.

I most likely have to move bad blocks again right?

If so How do I do it?

Do I do it after the freeboot image is made?
Before?

Any help is appreciated.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »

I kind of knew that already...

Buy how and where?

DO I make the freeboot image then remap?

A bit of noob when it comes to Bad blocks and freeboot. If it was XBR 33 - I just use BBmover and it works 100% every time

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »

I Created an XBR3 Flacon Image with the Bad BLocks moved and it boots perfectly into XBR3.

How do I get this box to freeboot.

I tried creating a Freeboot image and flashing it - XMAS LIGHTS
I never used ibuild or any of the other applications.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »

I TOTALLY FIGURED IT OUT - with help from the guys on IRC

Now I got a new problem...

Now that it is running freeboot - the KV  is banned - i t was banned.
I bought a new kv to unban it.

Since it was such a wierd thing to get freeboot on here to begin with.. I can just open the image in 360 flash tool and stick in the decripted KV i bought.. it will give me xmas lights.

How do I go about getting the new KV on here?

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »

I want the unbanned KV i bought on here.
I plan on only using this system till my BB jasper comes and then I am selling it to a kid who wants Freeboot and unbanned - he probably wants to run a lobby or something.  SO I want to get it done.  I am in no rush - MY BB jasper will not be here for 3 weeks (I bought one from a AUstrallian guy so it's gonna take time to get here) so for now I don;t care if it is banned or not -But when I get the Jasper the new owner will want an Unbanned KV - what he does with it is his business.

Any info on how to unban this system would be much appreciated.

thesonandheir

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

Due to kernel restrictions, freeBOOT 0.031 and 0.032 will give Xmas lights on a swapped KV. If you really need to go down that route you will have to prep a freeBOOT 0.030 image. This flavour has the kernel KV checks removed but its buggy. It will do for your MW2 shenanigans though.

I would make all 3 images and then just swap beteween when the box gets banned.

HTH

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Bad Blocks And Freeboot
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

I appreciate the reply.  They are not my Shenanigans.  I know how people here feel about MW2 stuff, and I agree - but hey if you need to know my intention on why I need an unbanned KV - I am more than willing to let you know.

I personally just want to sell this box once my Jasper Gets here - and Since it was such a pain in the ass to set it up to begin with - I really just want it the way the customer wants it and that's it, after he banns the new KV - let him worry about it.

SO basically what you are telling me is - Since the Original NAND has bad blocks and getting freeboot working on this thing took a boatload of effort to get working - It will not be that easy to swap out the old Banned KV and stick in a good KV like I would with a NON BAD BLOCK system.

I have done KV swaps many time before - it was as simple as taking the freeboot image and just using 360 flash tool to import a decrypted unbanned KV - then patching back the correct DVD key and OSIG.  Then just use FLASH360 to flash it to the 360 nand (updflash.bin)  and it worked perfect.

This box obviously (since I tried it) will not work like that - Xmas lights a plenty - only my XBR3 image with Bad blocks moved and the Freeboot .32 image I created and manually moved Bad blocks with works.

SO what you are telling me is I need to Build a freeboot .30 image?

How would I build it?  Would I use the original KV and Config? - create the Freeboot image, manually move the bad blcoks then open it in 360 flash tool and import the unbanned KV and patch back the DVD info?

any help would be much appreciated.