xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Freeboot Toolbox V2.3 And Flashing A Xbr Console  (Read 130 times)

advapi

• Archived User
Freeboot Toolbox V2.3 And Flashing A Xbr Console
« on: May 21, 2010, 04:40:00 AM »

Hello,
excuse me I've got a jtagged xbox with xbr, I wish to update it to the freeboot 0.32 (want usb support and 9199), what's best to do , using the original nand or the just flashed one?
Will the freebot image created by the tool flash via usb to mine xbox? or have I to open it, connect the lpt then flash? is it safer flashing via usb? (I'm talking of a xenon xbox)

Another question for my  2° Jtagged xbox, it's a falcon and I've got not the original nand (the guy who jtagged had got familiar problem and I don't want to disturb him now...) is there a way of dumping the current nand, the key, fuse.txt and so on?

Thanks a lot

Treadstone

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

If you haven't got your nand dump, download flash360 stick it on a usb drive put it in the 360 boot into xexmenu/freestyle run the flash 360 program and you can save your nand to usb,use the nand dump in freeboot toolbox to get the freeboot loader.Put newfile back on the usb stick as updflash.bin,run flash360 again writing it to nand no lpt needed.If you haven't got your cpu key start the 360 by pressing eject xell/xellous will boot up giving you your key,you can then download 360Flashtool0.92, open up your original nand under settings type in your cpu key and it well tell you dvd key and make of drive and you can extract stuff like kv.bin

advapi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »

Hello Treadstone,
is the flash via flash360 via USB Stick safe?? how can I check if my have-to-flash nand is ok or is corrupt?
Thanks in advance

Treadstone

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

Yea just write the nand to the usb stick with flash360 will be called flashdump.bin,then you can check its ok on ur pc with 360flashtool.use freebootToolbox0.0.32 to do your freeboot bin,check it again if u want in 360flashtool then rename it to updflash.bin and flash it back from usb with flash 360

advapi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

Done! now I've got 9199! just one question... I don0t see the avatars ...should I need to update to 9199 original one as I've read for 8955? that xbox does not have rj6t bridge... do I risk something?
Thanks

Treadstone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

Just download the official 9199 update and stick it onto usb, with you having freeboots 9199 dash installed all it will do is update the avatar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

Hi,

I'm also attempting to update from XBR3 to FreeBoot on a Falcon.

I've grabbed a NAND image using Flash360.

When i check the NAND image with 360 Flash Dump Tool, it says i have two bad blocks.

Bad Block ID 0x002b
Bad Block ID 0x0346

Then, when i attempt to use FreeBoot Toolbox, it's throwing an error on creation of the FreeBoot.bin at 38%...."your dump has not been properly extracted".  

I assume this is due to the bad blocks, how do i get around this ?

Cheers

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »

* Update *

Ok...so i tried using the original dump that was provided to me by the guy who jtag'd the 360 and the FreeBoot toolbox accepted this, no bad blocks.  I created the FreeBoot.bin, renamed it to updflash.bin and then used Flash360 to flash it (i chose to use the existing kv/config).

When i try to boot the 360 now, nothing happens.

When i try to boot to Xellous by pressing 'eject' to boot the 360, nothing happens, just a black screen.

Have i bricked my 360 ?  mad.gif

advapi

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(360720 @ May 23 2010, 09:40 PM) *

* Update *

Ok...so i tried using the original dump that was provided to me by the guy who jtag'd the 360 and the FreeBoot toolbox accepted this, no bad blocks.  I created the FreeBoot.bin, renamed it to updflash.bin and then used Flash360 to flash it (i chose to use the existing kv/config).

When i try to boot the 360 now, nothing happens.

When i try to boot to Xellous by pressing 'eject' to boot the 360, nothing happens, just a black screen.

Have i bricked my 360 ?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I've done this today morning, I've choosen the not-existing and everything gone ok.... now I'm just looking for some courage to apply the original 9199 to have the avatar, afraid of loosing the jtag forever...

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »

I wonder if choosing to keep the existing configuration was were i made the error ?

I assume now that the 360 is dead and i would need to re-connect to the NAND and re-flash it ?

Anyone got any ideas if this is the case or what i should do ?

Thanks !

Treadstone

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(360720 @ May 24 2010, 06:15 AM) *

I wonder if choosing to keep the existing configuration was were i made the error ?

I assume now that the 360 is dead and i would need to re-connect to the NAND and re-flash it ?

Anyone got any ideas if this is the case or what i should do ?

Thanks !

Hi, i always accept to keep the original info,so don't think thats the problem.If the dump from flash 360 has bad blocks in it they must be physically there, i would open the original nand in 360flashtool and make sure he gave you the right original dump.I tried the original freeboot on a xenon what had bad blocks when it first came out and i had trouble with it, in the end i just left that one then updated it with the newer freeboot using bestpigs freeboot toolbox app.only thing i can suggest is to write the xbr nand dump you originally had back onto the box and get it working then start from there.Lpt cables are slow and troublesome if i was you i would buy a nandflasher cost you about £25 but only take about 3-4 mins on a xenon,my lpt cable used to take nearly an hour.

QUOTE(advapi @ May 23 2010, 09:25 PM) *

I've done this today morning, I've choosen the not-existing and everything gone ok.... now I'm just looking for some courage to apply the original 9199 to have the avatar, afraid of loosing the jtag forever...

Trust me M8, you've already got 9199 installed,all it will do is install the avatar stuff,I've just put a 1tb into my console and had to do the same, if it puts your mind at rest post another message on here asking about it, and i bet you get a load of people saying go for it.

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »

Hi Treadstone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was thinking i might have to buy a NAND programmer and re-flash, the only thing i'm not sure about, is how to connect a NAND programmer to the JTAG already installed by the guy who modded my box...very new to the NAND flashing process.

Can you also confirm for me one thing which i think i may have done wrong.  The CPU key, when read from Xellous, you read the 5th & 6th lines and combine them for your CPU key ?  I think i used the 3rd & 5th lines, which may well have caused my issue...doh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by 360720: May 24 2010, 12:47 PM

Treadstone

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(360720 @ May 24 2010, 12:46 PM) *

Hi Treadstone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was thinking i might have to buy a NAND programmer and re-flash, the only thing i'm not sure about, is how to connect a NAND programmer to the JTAG already installed by the guy who modded my box...very new to the NAND flashing process.

Can you also confirm for me one thing which i think i may have done wrong.  The CPU key, when read from Xellous, you read the 5th & 6th lines and combine them for your CPU key ?  I think i used the 3rd & 5th lines, which may well have caused my issue...doh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

That is right,line 3&5 or 4&6, both the same,if you wrote it down open the nand dump that you got from flash 360 in 360 flash tool,click on settings then keys,input your cpu key and if it is right it will show you whats in the keyvault, like your dvd key and drive type. a nand flasher is seperate from the Jtag part,the jtag wires stay in place the nand flash connection would have been removed once he flashed it. It connects to the exact same points as a lpt cable does,just does the job more reliably and faster,they're really small so if you have no experience in soldering i would find someone else to do it.

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

Cool...thanks for the advice, think i'm going to have to send it back to the guy i bought it from for repair.

advapi

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(360720 @ May 24 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post

Cool...thanks for the advice, think i'm going to have to send it back to the guy i bought it from for repair.

I've updated to the official 9199 patch and I've got the avatar!!! Thanks a lot,
just another one last question, If I'm not wrong with the xbr I was asked to apply the game update when it was present... now with freebot I'm not asked ...is there a way to install the updates manually? (Now that I've got avatars I just want to use them!)

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2