xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: freeBOOT v0.032  (Read 1911 times)

frogfire

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

It would be cool if you don't need original Webcam. Is there a way to hack?

Garyfez

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »

I seem to be getting overheating isues since i upgraded to freeboot 32 dunno if its just a coinsidence I'm having to run my fan at 100% just to keep it below 60c Is it just me

LiTHiUM0XiD3

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Garyfez @ Apr 28 2010, 04:41 PM) View Post

I seem to be getting overheating isues since i upgraded to freeboot 32 dunno if its just a coinsidence I'm having to run my fan at 100% just to keep it below 60c Is it just me

lolz that happens all the time... the garden gnomes ate your thermal paste sad.gif

hazed69

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »

I'm having an issue dumping my NAND so I can flash freeboot
but it says no flash controller. My question is how do I test my lpt connection

check if they are making contact to my board (xbox)
ohms or voltage ?

kainy

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

I don't know why exactly but I was determined to try freeboot 0.32 ( xbr3 worked great... ). At first a got my dump from xellous and flashed it with the first 3MB of my original nand dump ( haven't got the complete lpt nand backup at that time ). So this should be a full nand backup. Yeah but Freeboot maker 2.2 crashed every time on 88%. Tried to do it manually but ibuild crashed the same way. So I found my original lpt nand dump. Freeboot maker 2.2 finished this time and created a freeboot image. So far so goot. Prior to this, I've wanted to extract xbr again with xellous ( just in case ). Yeah but xell / xellous couldn't start. Black screen and nothing happens ( tried all methods ). So I've dumped the image with Flash360 and saw that blocks 6 and 7 were bad... It' figures why xell does not work. So I figure, freeboot has xellous included, reflashing the hole nand will set this right. So I used Flash360 and flashed freeboot.bin ( updflash.bin ). It relocated the bad sectors and everything seemed ok ( kv.bin and config.bin matched of course ). But we must follow Murphy's law... Now the console starts at black screen ( as before when trying to get to xell/xellous ) from every possible method ( when using wired controller it starts in black screen but with 3 or 4 green lights on, permanently and stays that way ).

So tomorrow I'll be soldering the lpt again, installing xell and reflashing the damn thing. The real question is where is the problem, so I could try flashing it again with freeboot, or I'll just flash xbr dump back.

Forgot the specs... Jasper 512MB.

antisniperspy

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(kainy @ Apr 28 2010, 02:23 PM) View Post

I don't know why exactly but I was determined to try freeboot 0.32 ( xbr3 worked great... ). At first a got my dump from xellous and flashed it with the first 3MB of my original nand dump ( haven't got the complete lpt nand backup at that time ). So this should be a full nand backup. Yeah but Freeboot maker 2.2 crashed every time on 88%. Tried to do it manually but ibuild crashed the same way. So I found my original lpt nand dump. Freeboot maker 2.2 finished this time and created a freeboot image. So far so goot. Prior to this, I've wanted to extract xbr again with xellous ( just in case ). Yeah but xell / xellous couldn't start. Black screen and nothing happens ( tried all methods ). So I've dumped the image with Flash360 and saw that blocks 6 and 7 were bad... It' figures why xell does not work. So I figure, freeboot has xellous included, reflashing the hole nand will set this right. So I used Flash360 and flashed freeboot.bin ( updflash.bin ). It relocated the bad sectors and everything seemed ok ( kv.bin and config.bin matched of course ). But we must follow Murphy's law... Now the console starts at black screen ( as before when trying to get to xell/xellous ) from every possible method ( when using wired controller it starts in black screen but with 3 or 4 green lights on, permanently and stays that way ).

So tomorrow I'll be soldering the lpt again, installing xell and reflashing the damn thing. The real question is where is the problem, so I could try flashing it again with freeboot, or I'll just flash xbr dump back.

Do you use HDMI or component because xell only works in component for me.

dryan433

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(rulevoid_ @ Apr 21 2010, 03:29 PM) View Post

I have not tried SMC files other than XBR3 or the Cygnos ones, but i am 100% my issue is from bad blocks.  I used badblockmover to analyze my original NAND image and it sees 4 bad blocks, I also looked at my log from when reading initially my orignal NAND and those are the same addresses where it failed to read the blocks.  I will remap the bad blocks manually using nandpro tonight and try both the Cygnos SMC and my XBR3 SMC to try to help others.

did you get this sorted i have the same issue on falcon 360 2 falcons iv flashed so far and both working sweet as pie but yet this 3rd falcon will not take it e71 no matter what i do

iv done image exactly the same as the other 2 falcons i flashed

the strange thing if i get flash360 to flash file wile keeping current key vault and config i get
2red/2green alternating leds as if the key vault is incorrect when its fine as flash360 tool opens and reads it fine

if i flash with flash 360 not keeping current keyvault i get the e71 error

iv also used the xbr3 smc.bin that's worked on the other 2 fine the xbr3 image that was on the xbox in first place has the same smc.bin

there is no reason for it not to work the orig dash on all 3 of the 360s all had the same dash on orig dumps so that cant be it all had 6717 version dash on them i cant see the reason for this xbr3 work sweet on it thou

oh image had bad blocks that i man remapped the 2nd xbox i flashed had bad blocks that i man remapped and that works fine just this 3rd xbox that wont work

badblockmover don't works as it kicks off that the image is not zero paired so i have to manually move them that i can do with nandpro and winhex also remembering to 00000 the bad block on image after iv moved it or programs don't see them true bad blocks

any ideas to what this can be anyone help would be much appreciated with thanks Danny

kainy

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(kainy @ Apr 28 2010, 09:23 PM) View Post

It seems the problem was just bad flash. It appears that either Flash360 or the usb flash drive that I used made the problem ( 31 to 3D blocks were bad, only in the first 3MB, didn't check the whole image ). I imagine that it is not the flash drive cause I've used it every time flashing my nand, and because it's extremely slow ( about 500KB/s biggrin.gif ).

Flashing xell and xellous trough lpt enabled me to flash freeBOOT from there ( the same image ) and it worked perfectly. The only thing is that xell does not work again smile.gif neither when with xbr3 nor freeBOOT. I've tried to put it manually trough lpt but it the started only in xell from every method of turning it on. As I know freeBOOT includes xellous, but it does not work sad.gif The other thing is that my config.bin wasn't transferred to the freeBOOT image, and even if I put it manually it still started in stock.

So the only question that remains is how to get xellous to work, or I'll just flash xell every time when I want to update the flash with Flash360 ( updxell ), update it to xellous and the update the flash smile.gif

dogged

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »

Can i go live with freeboot 0.032? Or not?
Because i am truying to do it - dashboards says that some info will be written somewhere.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

Any word on trainers that can be used with freeboot.  I'd love to fool around with some of the games I have.

Have any been created.

I have successfully flashed Freeboot 0.032 to a Falcon that originally had XBReboot v3.

These are the steps I took:

1. flashed the original nand image back
2. updated to dashboard 7371
3. made a backup of the 7371 nand
4. extracted the files from the 9199.zip
5. extracted the 7371.bin
6. copied the necessary files according to the read me.
7. extracted the patched SMC from the XBReboot image I was originally using (I renamed smc_dec.bin to smc.bin)
8. used ibuild to create a new 9199 image of freeboot.
9. flashed the new image.bin file that was created.

Luckily I had no bad blocks to worry about.

The computer I used ibuld on is a Windows 7 x64 and the computer I use to flash my xboxes is an old Windows 98 computer.

Everything work out great.

Thanks freeboot team.

Now I can't wait for some trainers to play with.

simonk83

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

Crap.  I compiled freeboot using a donor NAND and now the box doesn't boot...   I can however still get into Xell.   Does anyone have any suggestions?  Can I just reflash xbr through Xell?

Faluke

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »

I have a second xenon system where I can't get freeboot to work. I have my current xbr as well as 3 original dumps. No matter what I do I get 3RR with sec error code 0022. Here's a thread with the details of my problem but I'm out of options

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=712326

modslave

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(simonk83 @ May 1 2010, 12:51 AM) View Post

Crap.  I compiled freeboot using a donor NAND and now the box doesn't boot...   I can however still get into Xell.   Does anyone have any suggestions?  Can I just reflash xbr through Xell?

If you have xellous installed put your working xbr image (that hopefully you backed before flashing freeboot) onto a usb stick named "updflash".  I find to get it recognized unplug power for say 10s, put thumb stick into rear usb port, plug in power and boot xellous with the eject button.  Should see image and flash so your xbox can boot into xbr again and you can wipe the sweat from your brow  tongue.gif

Thank god for this feature, I didn't wanna do lpt again!

ccfman2004

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(modslave @ Apr 30 2010, 11:24 PM) View Post

@ccfman2004 - NO bad blocks! Your lucky I had 7 on a Falcon.

I used BestPig's Freeboot Toolbox Maker v2.2 with my original dump, one click and its done!
Then used Nknave/Krizalid Badblockremapper Helper For Nandpro v0.2 to relocate the bad blocks

Unlike XBR with Freeboot my ROL and fan speed stay hacked even when I leave the Freestyle dash

Most of the xbox's I have Jtagged did not have any bad blocks.  The only xbox that ever had bad blocks was the 512MB Jasper I did.

intention

• Archived User
freeBOOT v0.032
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »

Wanted to report my success.
Just followed the readme and everything went smoothly.
I did a xenon and a falcon both XBR3 -> freeBOOT with no problems on either console. Neither console had any bad blocks.

Built the freeboot .bin's with my orig.bin's from each console and smc extracted from the XBR builds that I previously had on the systems.

Flashed with Flash360 then updated with the official MS dash to restore avatar support.  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]