xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bb512mb Jasper Jtag Help - Black Screen No Video  (Read 166 times)

jhoff80

• Archived User
Bb512mb Jasper Jtag Help - Black Screen No Video
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(musclecarman1 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:02 PM) View Post

Hey guys.  I've been trying everything possible to get a BB 512 MB Jasper to boot into Xell or Xellous with no results.  Every time I get no video. I installed xellous v1.0 and XBR on a 16MB Xenon v.1 and it was a breeze.  This jasper BB is giving me so many problems though.  I've been using this tutorial: http://docs.google.c...mv5h_186pp2zddm.  Everything is pretty clear.  I read other tutorials and forums about the BB Jaspers and it seems like their are several problems.  I tried erasing everything after 1000, tried just installing xell, and reinstalled my backup with a successful reboot.  Any other issues I have to look for?  The jtag wiring is soldered on the alternate bottom pin near the ROL.  My original dumps have no bad blocks(66MB) but I tried to dump the entire 512MB nand and got a few errors.  KV.bin files are matching.  The only problem I have is with my config files.  They match, but there is no info there (all FFFFFF).  Am I dumping from the wrong blocks?  I even tried Autohacker v.2.1.  Everything backs up and flashes with no errors but again, no video!  This program holds your hand and does all the work too.  Please anyone that has a successful 512MB Jasper please help! sad.gif

Stupid question, but what kind of video cable are you connected with?

musclecarman1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

Using a vga cable hooked up to my pc monitor.  There is video when I flash back to original dash.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »

If you followed that guide for the xellous part you never had to inject you config it should have already been there in the original nand your just dumping it, your only injecting your kv and xellous into xell for your board then flashing. I see you have a nand dump of 66mb you can get your config from it and compare it with your others because if you can flash that back and all is good then you should be able to get a good config from it.

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

you didn't dump it from your lpt/usb-spi cable but straight from your nand dump itself? And I do have a working jtag 512mb box. What I said was if you got i threw your lpt/usb-spi then maybe try getting it from your 66mb nand dump and see what you get since you say that it is working when you flash it back.

musclecarman1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

I checked the config.bin files again and they had 2-3 lines of data plus alot of zeros then FFFFFFFF.  Almost all of the file looks like it has FFFFFFFFFFFFFF.  I guess that is not the problem.  Didn't seem like it was in the first place.  Have any other ideas?

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »

Yes ef7 2 is correct for bb jasper config, first place I would start is to double check the wires and make sure everything is ok with them.
Another question when you tried booting into xellous what video cable are you using hdmi, vga, av cable? If your using hdmi try using av cable

phiquach

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »

flash xbr only.

it should give you red/green lights.

then you can inject the kv.

if it doesn't, your XBR file could be corrupt or you have bad blocks and need to remap them.

JamesNY

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »

how to remap that bad blocks

musclecarman1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »

I tried everything over the weekend, and nothing seemed to work.  I actually had 2 bad blocks in the memory unit and remapped them.  I guess I'll have to try freeboot V.0.32.  XBR just doesn't want to cooperate with this jasper board.

whackawookie

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(musclecarman1 @ Apr 15 2010, 04:34 AM) View Post

solder points look fine.  Is no video an issue if bad soldering was done?  Could this be a XBR problem?

bad soldering is a cause for no video. My first jtag I would get no video, no green or red rings, just black screen. I thought everything was good but one spot was giving me grief. Had to move to an alternate which looked good but came loose again. Finally got it perfect and secured it with electrical tape and everything has been working every since

Sp00nLude

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »

I'm sorta in the same boat.

BB jasper running XBR3 for months and never used the internal MU. However just yesterday I can't get it to boot - no video signal and single green center light - no errors.

I've checked the solder points as well and will connect LPT (grrrr....) to reflash XBR to see if it was a XBR issue...

Bad soldering could do this overtime, but if you got a connection then it should turn on with signal - unless the wire is completely disconnected from the solder point. I've had this happen before and realized that one of my wires came off - resoldered and it was fine.

This time however it's different - will reflash and hope for the best.

Sp00nLude

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »

Specter, can you boot into XELL?

In my case, I could not boot into XELL and over the weekend I re-soldered all my JTAG points - my DB1F1 was effie so I soldered to an alternate point (reverse JTAG method)

If you can boot into XELL then that means your JTAG is fine and just need to reflash XBR.

Haruno

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »

I am having a similar problem on a jasper 512 that used to have xbr3. I messed up a flash and now im trying to get freeboot to work.

Using a VGA cable.

Xellous and Xell I get video signal but not on normal boot, just a solid green light without even the rotating ring of light on boot. This is with both XBR and freeboot now.

Specter

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sp00nLude @ Apr 26 2010, 05:11 PM) View Post

Specter, can you boot into XELL?

In my case, I could not boot into XELL and over the weekend I re-soldered all my JTAG points - my DB1F1 was effie so I soldered to an alternate point (reverse JTAG method)

If you can boot into XELL then that means your JTAG is fine and just need to reflash XBR.

Hey Sp00nLude.. for your information I reflashed my Xell.bin and now my xbox boot fines.. the xbox is not mine and I just learn that the last thing that my friend did with it was saving a save game on the MU and it make all sense now cause writing on the MU when using XBR is not recommanded so I will upgrade is XBR to Freeboot and he should be fine.

All my solder were fine so I knew it wasn't that... Thx for the help and hopefully it will help other people.