xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Falcon E79 - 1033 And 1 Red Light.  (Read 243 times)

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
Falcon E79 - 1033 And 1 Red Light.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »

Sorry to hear its still not working. I see BoxxDR has other alternate ponts for the JTAG on falcons. Maybe give this a shot?

(IMG:http://boxxdr.com/boxxdr_jtag.jpg)

Original thread link

This post has been edited by Inuyasha152: Mar 18 2010, 08:51 PM

wilsey

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

Even two differences can result in E79 error, took me four days to flash my first Falcon board, included dead box which wouldnt boot whatso ever after bad flash!!

I dont really know about the alternative points, I Used these points.
(IMG:http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/free60/diagram.jpg)

But few things i did was to make my wires for the lpt 6" long and plug them directly into lpt port and only used the diode, without resisters so yes give that a try without using resisters

Also dont touch your PC whilst it is flashing as it can cause errors

mrjefferson

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »

@ Inuyasha152:

I'm sort of using that method. I just used the alt. point for ft1r2. The only thing left I can do is try to move my R2P12 away from the capacitor that it is resting against. Continuity tests between alternate solder points check out good and diodes measure correct resistance AFAIK.

@wilsey:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna try the LPT w/ no resistors. I honestly think I'm having flashing issues of some sort. However, my orginal nand dumps compare with no differences and have no bad blocks. Well, I guess I'll chip away a little more. Thanks alot for the help guys.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

I wish this woul dget figured out , i am having the same issue , i also suspect it is a writing issue , the last time i flashed , my anti-spyware started doing an update in the middle , i am also going to work on my LPT cable the first one i did had no problem at all so i have no idea. Mine are all xenons

mrjefferson

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Mar 21 2010, 04:03 AM) *

I wish this woul dget figured out , i am having the same issue , i also suspect it is a writing issue , the last time i flashed , my anti-spyware started doing an update in the middle , i am also going to work on my LPT cable the first one i did had no problem at all so i have no idea. Mine are all xenons

I'm with you on this. I'm 95% sure this is not a jtag installation issue. I have my resistorless LPT cable ready and I'm going to do some more dumps/reads later today. I'll post my results when I have something to share. Backflips will ensue when I get this working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

Well i got christmas lights now so i need to figure out why my keyvault is bad , i am flashing back to stock and leaving it alone for a while i have been up 2 nights in a row.

K figured mine out , the xmas lights were apparently because , when i flashed the orig back i then took another read of what i had just flashed
I used the KV from that one , and had problems , so i extracted it back out my original dump and injected it over LPT and it fired right up.. I am kind of pissed a spent all night on this when it was that simple , but i know now.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Mar 21 2010, 08:29 PM

mrjefferson

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

Glad you got yours working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)   I'm giving up on mine (for a bit). I have tried every solution I have seen for this issue to no avail. I'm using the correct diodes, my soldering tests good and I've tried every flashing/reading method available. Maybe I'll have some luck next month when team xecuter realeases their jtag/nand tool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  

Many thanks to all of the info from various members. I guess I'll count my blessings in that I have a working 360 that I paid $15.00 for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

trasixes

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrjefferson @ Mar 21 2010, 05:15 PM) *

Glad you got yours working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)   I'm giving up on mine (for a bit). I have tried every solution I have seen for this issue to no avail. I'm using the correct diodes, my soldering tests good and I've tried every flashing/reading method available. Maybe I'll have some luck next month when team xecuter realeases their jtag/nand tool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  

Many thanks to all of the info from various members. I guess I'll count my blessings in that I have a working 360 that I paid $15.00 for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I'm not saying this is your issue, but you never know. In my Xenon, I was using 2 diodes, and the only thing that would display video was the original nand. I couldn't even get Xell loaded. I then switched the diodes out for 330 ohm resistors, like the old Xenon method, and it loaded up Xell right away. I'm not sure this could apply to falcons, but I'll never use another diode on a Xenon.

mrjefferson

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(trasixes @ Mar 22 2010, 10:11 AM) *

I'm not saying this is your issue, but you never know. In my Xenon, I was using 2 diodes, and the only thing that would display video was the original nand. I couldn't even get Xell loaded. I then switched the diodes out for 330 ohm resistors, like the old Xenon method, and it loaded up Xell right away. I'm not sure this could apply to falcons, but I'll never use another diode on a Xenon.

Thank you for the suggestion. I still have my 360 apart so I'll give it a shot.

dmcbudman

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »

im having the same problems as OP
only difference is i have cb5766
iv tried everything i can think of too
nothing seems to work
xell only really should work, but of course doesnt
i find it strange that the original dash boots with the jtag in place, my understanding is that it wouldnt
what also seems weird is db1f1 doesnt give a constant voltage reading
it jumps from 0v-1.5v  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)
Pages: 1 [2]