xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Notepad  (Read 49 times)

RadiatedAnt

• Archived User
Notepad
« on: July 06, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

I saw a port to xbox on notepad but it never came out?? what happend?? this would be extremely usefull when editing xml files and other files used by xbmp and evox wonder what happend?/ ;)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »

Lol... cracks me up =]  For the same reason I dont understand why people care so much about linux on their xbox.  Who wants to edit XML files with a virtual keyboard?  :-  You're already FTPing these apps to your box... edit the XML files with a normal keyboard, THEN ftp them to the box =]

You can assume that this is why notepad was never written for the Xbox... because there's no use :)

Not gettin' on your case bro... I'm just on edge because of all this linux crap going on.

MountainSlide

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 08:19:00 PM »

Try xpad!

bobbyaustin

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

I have xPad and it is an OK app - a little fiddly to use - but is only an alpha release. I know the source for this has been released and it would be great if someone could pick up dev on this app (possibly integrate into AVA or MXM).

I see your point on just editing files on PC then use ftp but what about poor individuals like myself how do not have this facility(My PC is broke and quite outdated so it is out of the question for me until I save up some serious £££) At the mo I am using a freinds PC/Work PC to d/load and burn then transfer to my box and it is the only way to edit my configs without having to burn again.

Not trying to hate on you - just letting you know that this is a usefull app as I am sure there is more people in my situation.

dankydoo

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

I used to think that this wasn't necessary too, but lately I've found myself wishing that there was an app to do this.  You say that the source for xpad was released?  Where is it? 'Usual Places' or on some joe's webpage?  I may take this up if I see modifying the code doesn't take too long.....

dankydoo

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jul 7 2003, 03:34 AM)
Lol... cracks me up =]  For the same reason I dont understand why people care so much about linux on their xbox.  Who wants to edit XML files with a virtual keyboard?  :-  You're already FTPing these apps to your box... edit the XML files with a normal keyboard, THEN ftp them to the box =]

You can assume that this is why notepad was never written for the Xbox... because there's no use :)

Not gettin' on your case bro... I'm just on edge because of all this linux crap going on.

And what about those of us with USB keyboards and mouse. I have made 3 USB adapters for my Xbox, one for Keyboard, 1 for mouse, and 1 which can be for printers/usb cdr etc. I think a notepad on the Xbox would be cool.
Thats like i like Linux on the xbox, is exactly like on a pc, when you have the mb/mosue :D
:beer:

bobbyaustin

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

Not that sure where the source for xPad is - I think I read the news here on XS or it may have been www.xbox-emulation.co.uk I found the app itself on a french site not sure if the source is there or not. I will have a look and PM you if I can find it.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Notepad
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

mx: once a keyboard is introduced, it makes sense... resolution is still too low, though :)