xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbr And Degraded Help  (Read 49 times)

gunpeiyoko

• Archived User
Xbr And Degraded Help
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

You don't need degraded to install XBR. Degraded is merely used to check your dump.

dimitrij

• Archived User
Xbr And Degraded Help
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »

when you write, you have 3 identical nand dumps, then you mean, you have 3 dumps with same size or 3 dumps with identical md5 checksum? First one is always identical, last one have to be identical. if all md5 checksums are identical, then you can patch & flash the xbr :-) Because bad blocks are never on the same place when you back it up 3 times!

thwack

• Archived User
Xbr And Degraded Help
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(dimitrij @ Mar 9 2010, 10:05 AM) View Post
when you write, you have 3 identical nand dumps, then you mean, you have 3 dumps with same size or 3 dumps with identical md5 checksum? First one is always identical, last one have to be identical. if all md5 checksums are identical, then you can patch & flash the xbr :-) Because bad blocks are never on the same place when you back it up 3 times!

That is quite wrong - bad blocks can be in the same place if they're physically bad on the NAND. The tuts tell you to check your dumps in Degraded for a reason. If you have bad blocks then you need to either re-allocate them yourself, or use an app that does.

sirpikaz

• Archived User
Xbr And Degraded Help
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »

Thanks for clearing up the confusion I was having. I went ahead and flashed the xbr from xbins and it worked, in fact it looks exactly like my stock 360 i have.. amazing, Now to figure out what I can do from here, I'll search around, if anyone can link me to a good how to guide that'd be great, Thanks guys =-)