xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Get Xbr To Work  (Read 77 times)

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:07:00 AM »

Hey guys

I have an issue that I hope someone can help with.

I have a Falcon xbox, kernel is  7xxx and CB is exploitable.

I can read/write the nand via the lpt, I have 2 of everything and have compared them, all are the same.

The first one I backup up via nandpro was bad when compared, but eveything else fine since.

I cannot open the firmware in degraded says bad file length even after change the 2007 to 2005.

I can get Xell and Xellous to work fine, I can connect to the httpd without issue, but as soon as I flash XBR onto the device I get E74, but if i boot with xellous I get no error and works fine.

Now the question is, its this a real E74 that needs reflowing?  And if so why does it not show up when booting xellous?

I have tried flashing xbr via usb stick aswell as LPT, I have tried it without config and with flashing the KV on afterwards

Any ideas?

Thanks

DJH

thwack

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(djh1982uk @ Mar 8 2010, 12:07 PM) View Post

I cannot open the firmware in degraded says bad file length even after change the 2007 to 2005.

That might be your issue. Do your NAND dumps register as 16,896K in size?

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Mar 8 2010, 01:25 PM) *

That might be your issue. Do your NAND dumps register as 16,896K in size?

I'll double check but the guide on google only has you downloading a 2mb backup with the command "nandpro lpt: -r2 c1.bin"?

So I just answered my question to that bit I guess, I then took the KV and config out seperatley but not a whole dump until I got to the xellous httpd site and then ran a command to put that 2mb backup back into the 16mb full backup, I don;t know if I tried that file in degraded, but thanks for making my brain work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I guess that explains the degraded issue, but not the not working issue as I still had the kv and configs etc and copared multiple copies, but I guess degraded would tell me if I have bad blocks?

I don;t know what to do with bad blocks, google time I guess

Thanks

DJH

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »

Heya

I have tried openning the 1.bin that is the original, but degraded just crashes, file size is correct :S

DJH

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

try flashing it with linux and see what happens...

Looouky

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »

bad blocks show up as scfx error at the bottom of the screen, if Xell works then the issue must be something related to your config. Try writing your config over lpt after flashing it via usb. how and where did you connect your jtag points? what is the file size of your 1.bin file, when you open its properties in windows.

This post has been edited by Looouky: Mar 8 2010, 11:11 PM

gunpeiyoko

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »

Degarded open complete nand backup. Partial nand backup like 1st 2 mb won't work.

Use xell or xellous to install xbr. they will take care of the bad block mgmt.

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

Hmm, Im wondering, could it be that the console actually ahs the E74 error?  And that xellous works because it does not check the integrity of the scaler chip nor does it need it?

I did test the console before starting the jtag and was ok but perhaps with me poking inside etc I may have caused it?

I guess I could try flashing 1.bin back over the top but it may not answer many questions.

I have tried installing xbr without key injected, with key injected but not config and so on

Just wish I could get it working

DJH

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Looouky @ Mar 9 2010, 12:05 AM) View Post

bad blocks show up as scfx error at the bottom of the screen, if Xell works then the issue must be something related to your config. Try writing your config over lpt after flashing it via usb. how and where did you connect your jtag points? what is the file size of your 1.bin file, when you open its properties in windows.

Size of 1.bin is 16,896kb (under the icon), or 17,301 if you go by the file properties but that may be because it's on a reiserFS share at the moment (as the xbox is in my workshop and im not)

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Well I flashed 1.bin back on via LPT and now gives RROD HMM

djh1982uk

• Archived User
Can't Get Xbr To Work
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

Ok, so i have it open in degraded, I added the 1BL key, ticked valid and set the FS start as 39, also had to change the year to 2005.

Opens up and does not give any bad blocks, just:

CB version 5761 LDV 0
CD version 5761
CF(0) Version 7371 LDV 9
CF(1) Version 7371 LDV 8

I can still boot into xellous if I flash it from sector 40 and inject my key via ltp.

but I am still gettign E74 after flashing XBR

I just can't think what else im missing?

Thanks

DJH