xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Know This Sounds Stupid To Some Of  (Read 60 times)

MaDaucer

• Archived User
I Know This Sounds Stupid To Some Of
« on: July 04, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

I have this little thing called Xbox and i heard that it is possible to stream music via internet or LAN to the xbox...but my only problem(and the largest one) is that i havent a clue how...And that´s why I´m asking u "guru´s" to enlighten me how...I have a broadband connection of 512/128 kbps and my xbox is now(finally!) connected to my PC with a 4-port Ethernet-Router.And i have made a permanent connection to my xbox using FlashFXP.So...all I basically need at the moment, are the second most important of all,the instructions.

I have no other program other than XBMP on my xbox.
So i need help starting from the beginning...Thank you all in advance :D

Widowmaker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

Go to the xbmp forum and you will find step by step instructions pinned for just this purpose.

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »

I had this same problem but now can listen to music and even watch DVD quality movies off my comp on my xbox.

When you look through the config.xml (xbmp folder) there is a thing about SMB network.

I'll incude the code a bit later on how to use this but first I'll explain some stuff.

I originally had problems with this and wanted it bad but i got help and now its great. You need to make sure you have shared some folders on your windows system (eg, ur C: or suttin, where your music is), xbmp will use this to navigate ur pc.

in the config, find something like this, it may just be blank.....

<share>
       <name>Network SMB D:</name>
       <url>smb://guest:****@mshome/****/MP3'S (D)</url>
      <cachesize>256</cachesize>
</share>

Its sorta simple, i've just put stars over my pw and comp name for security.

All you need to do is change the following for ur network etc.....

<url>smb://(comp logon name):(password)@(workgroup)/(comp name)/(shared folder name)/<url>

Its all pretty simple, I hope this helps, its great having everything off ur comp working on the xbox.

I have 4,900 mp3's so it takes a while to load up. If it just comes up blank then u've got a setting wrong but if it pauses, its usually loading.

:)

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

or you can use relax server - you can get it from the xbmp website and streams the data to you xbox far quicker and more reliably.  it requires very little configuration and the config.xml on the xbox is easy as you just need the ip address and the directory as if you were on the local computer.  Chris

MaDaucer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »

Thanks for answering my question...I´ve downloaded Relax and CcxStream and im thinking about which one should i use...Some people say that ccxstream is better than relax and vise versa.I´m trying to figure it out myself.
The basic requirement for the streaming program is that its very easy to use since i am a n00b in the scene.