xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox Gameshark ?  (Read 100 times)

Jse

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

just on an earlier note where someone said action replay bought gameshark their wrong

datal have owend both action replay and gameshark for years

the uk and europe version being calld action replay
and the exact same version for americans called gameshark

and i believe datel still own the gameshark name not madcatz

JbOnE

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (jse @ Jun 29 2003, 09:37 PM)
just on an earlier note where someone said action replay bought gameshark their wrong

datal have owend both action replay and gameshark for years

the uk and europe version being calld action replay
and the exact same version for americans called gameshark

and i believe datel still own the gameshark name not madcatz

a quick visit to www.gameshark.com (along with a scroll to the bottom of the page) will put an end to that question lol

and interact owned gameshark for years - they were a sibling company to datel who did buy out the interact branch and did away with the gameshark line (sold to madcatz) to expand sales of their action replay. gameshark and action replay were actual disks that booted on a ps2, and codebraker (and the new gameshark under madcatz) are hybrid disks that are made by taking the boot sectors of crazy taxi disks and fusing them together with their own pressed outer rings (hold a codebreaker or gameshark v3 disk up to a bright light and you will see the ring where they were fused together)

i really don't like being told i am wrong lol

pEAcE
JbOnE

RadiatedAnt

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

ohmy.gif dont do it ben!! if a gameshark does happen for backup games, all hell breaks lose if someone finds a way around XBL to work with backups, already the free-x exploits say its possible ph34r.gif I just hate to see cheaters rampant online mad.gif

mikejf

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 06:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (kollision @ Jul 6 2003, 03:53 PM)
Hi guys,

I have hacked games by doin Hex hacking, nothing big haha.  I would like to know if people liek Ben can direct me in the right path to making trainers for XBox.  I understand how to do it for pc, but XBox is a whole different story for me.  No Memory scanners and such.  Thanks

Take a look at the Serious Sam [+5] source code that's out. Hope you know low-level asm stuff....

kollision

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »

Ok thanks a lot.  Imma start lookiong into it, i just dled it.  Thanks

kollision

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

Whoak ool this stuff is way easier than C haha.  I remember i learned it partially when i was studying on the TI 83.  Thanks a lot

mikejf

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 05:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (kollision @ Jul 8 2003, 02:13 AM)
Whoak ool this stuff is way easier than C haha.  I remember i learned it partially when i was studying on the TI 83.  Thanks a lot

Cool that You understand it.
Tell us when you're ready to crank out a few trainers.

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 06:16:00 AM »

oh no.... cheaters using xbox online will be awful, xbconnect and xbox-link will be ruined. i think i may aswell give up life right now....

slidellsimba2

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

im sure everyone enjoys adding life to their games  but where is the fun in going online and cheating to win

i love the halo trainer and i love the fact u cant use it unless the other person has it as well

kollision

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »

I believe the only way you could cheat online would be for both ppl to have the same exact game, trainers included, because then the games wouyldnt be able to operate.  I tried it before on network games and it never worked.  Im not totally sure on this, but o well hehe.
Pages: 1 [2]