xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox Gameshark ?  (Read 98 times)

JbOnE

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« on: June 14, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

i know it'll never work for those without a chip - but for those of us who do - why hasn't someone come up with this yet ? it doesn't even have to be a disk (even though it could for those without a bigger hd who burn their games but have the eject fix bios) just an xbe we run to choose cheats for a game then launch it with them enabled. seems a hell of alot easier than having to make a trainer for each individual game then wait for it to be circulated. then like avalaunch and xboxsaves it could update it's cheat database from online. consider the gauntlet thrown lol - someone out there has got to be able to rise to the challenge wink.gif sure as hell ain't gonna be me yet lol - i just printed my screen dump of "hello world" from my xbox lmao.

anyone ? anyone ?

pEAcE
JbOnE

slidellsimba2

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »

i been waiting for this for a while
i sure cant do it either
maybe we should have donations for this, lmao
then we could have another app for people to bitch because they cant use it perfect from day 1

Shordy

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »

gameshark is out of business man
Action Replay bough them
I have an action replay if you want it i will sell it to you

JbOnE

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

action replay for xbox is crap - it's just a game save sharing tool like shark port was for ps2 - nothing like a cheat device sad.gif and gameshark isn't "out of business", mad katz bought them out and is continuing the gameshark line - the technology is changed on it now, it's more like a codebreaker - but it still does the same thing - now we just need someone to code us one for the xbox wink.gif  anyone ?, anyone ?, bueller ?, bueller? hehe

pEAcE
JbOnE

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Jun 18 2003, 02:33 PM)
action replay for xbox is crap - it's just a game save sharing tool like shark port was for ps2 - nothing like a cheat device sad.gif and gameshark isn't "out of business", mad katz bought them out and is continuing the gameshark line - the technology is changed on it now, it's more like a codebreaker - but it still does the same thing - now we just need someone to code us one for the xbox wink.gif  anyone ?, anyone ?, bueller ?, bueller? hehe

pEAcE
JbOnE

:::sigh::: I've discussed this with Team Xecuter. It requires BIOS code to operate (well, for the most part it does), and a GUI component to hunt codes, then finally, a dashboard to launch the game with code lists in place.

I know the logic involved, and understand the requirements of such a program. When Team Xecuter lets me know when they plan on implimenting the required BIOS code, I would be happy to code the GUI side (code hunting and app launching)

slidellsimba2

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

well, if ben is on it i know it will work good

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

cool cant wait like sidellsimba2 said if bens on the job it should be gr8 as well as looking good.  do you think it may be mxm style ben?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (GRiFFBALL @ Jun 21 2003, 05:21 PM)
cool cant wait like sidellsimba2 said if bens on the job it should be gr8 as well as looking good.  do you think it may be mxm style ben?

Well, the code hunter might be fairly basic - no reason to make it skinnable, but it would be nice to look cool. Probably a little bit of 3-D magic in the UI.

As far as the launching interface, well, of course MXM would natively support that functionality...  biggrin.gif

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

cool

jniemiec

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

"i suck at games, make me cheats so i don't lose"

you all are a bunch of asses wanting a cheat device. you shouldn't have to cheat on any game unless you suck. its bad enough groups are releasing trainers, now you bitches want cheats for everything.

the best thing the xbox had going for it, is that there were not any cheats for almost any of the games, which made the games a hell of a lot better. now everybody wants to cheat just cause they get there asses handed to them.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (jniemiec @ Jun 22 2003, 07:04 PM)

you all are a bunch of asses wanting a cheat device. you shouldn't have to cheat on any game unless you suck. its bad enough groups are releasing trainers, now you bitches want cheats for everything.

the best thing the xbox had going for it, is that there were not any cheats for almost any of the games, which made the games a hell of a lot better. now everybody wants to cheat just cause they get there asses handed to them.

i disagree, although i always beat my games without cheating, on other systems i do go back and play through them game sharked with all kinds of maxed out stats and lives and other things that cheat devices can offer, i think as long as its not abused a cheat type device could be good for the xbox.

GRiFFBALL

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Reaper527 @ Jun 22 2003, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (jniemiec @ Jun 22 2003, 07:04 PM)

i disagree, although i always beat my games without cheating, on other systems i do go back and play through them game sharked with all kinds of maxed out stats and lives and other things that cheat devices can offer, i think as long as its not abused a cheat type device could be good for the xbox.

well said
couldn't have put it better myself! lol

slidellsimba2

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

most mature gamers use the gameshark as a way to extend game life

good looking out ben on the mxm support when ya get it working

VoxAngel

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2003, 09:47:00 PM »

I've been hacking games since I built my own Pong game from plans in Popular Electronics back in the 70's.

People who think hacking games (by whatever means) is all about "cheating" seriously lack imagination. Hacking a game can completely change gameplay, extend the life of the game, and push the game engine (as well as the gamer) to the limit.

There are many Xbox games that have a ton of potential for reconfiguration...(and as soon as someone has the X2.2Pro in stock, I'm all over it.) cool.gif

~Vox

buckwilliamsca

• Archived User
Xbox Gameshark ?
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

i agree that with cheats you can extend your game's 'life'... For example: I had beaten halo, played the multimaps tons of times, yet i downloaded the czn trainer, and i had lots of fun playing the game all over again...
Pages: [1] 2