xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jtag Falcon  (Read 46 times)

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

Been having some issues with Jtagging my falcon motherboard.

I have followed this tutorial here

Now after running the command c:\nandpro.exe lpt: -r16 nand1.exe

Testing LPT device address:0370
FlashConfig:00012000         <<<< noticed that is wrong also
Using LPT device at address:0370
Starting Block:0x000000
Ending   Block:0x0003FF
Reading
Error:    0 reading block 0

Then it just continuously gets error 0 all the way through. I all the diodes and resistors soldered to the board not at the lpt cable end and i have made sure the board is clean and no solder points are touching and went over all of the connections with a multimeter to make sure there were no bad connections.

any suggestions, thanks

Haruno

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »

00012000 usually means that a connection isnt working.
I had this problem when I actually soldered the wires to the wrong pin numbers on the LPT d-sub.

Double check your wiring and make sure they're going to the numbers that match up on the LPT and diagram itself.

Other than that....try a different computer?

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »

Well so far I have tried two different computers, I made sure that the wires are all going the right way to the right pins with a multimeter. There isn't a way to do this backwards without taking the ppt end of and manually soldeing that end, so should I just take the end off and solder that end and reverse it?

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(sscultima @ Feb 21 2010, 09:29 AM) View Post

Well so far I have tried two different computers, I made sure that the wires are all going the right way to the right pins with a multimeter. There isn't a way to do this backwards without taking the ppt end of and manually soldeing that end, so should I just take the end off and solder that end and reverse it?

sorry for double post, but i took apart the lpt cable and reversed the wiring but now it doesnt even start the dump just does the testing and then exits out. so im guessing how i had it was the right way.

wilsey

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

It took me at least 4days of pulling my hair out to successfully do my falcon after loads of flashing issues inc a dead xbox from bad flash

On the 4th morn i decided to have one more go, i cut the wires to 6" , and instead of using a LPT cable i lifted the xbox with books and plugged the wires directly into the port on back of the PC

Flashed XeLLous and read back 2mb of data and matched 100% first time, Switched on my dead falcon and jumped for Joy !!!!

Try making your wires shorter and plug wires directly into the port, worked for me  biggrin.gif

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

well my cable at the moment is only a little less than 2 feet so under 60 cm. ill try the plugging the wires right into the port last.

i just find it funny that i keep getting 00012000 for flashconfig even though i have over and over made sure that they are all connected properly.

is it possible to push the resistors through the board at the connection points? because i just have it soldered touching the points.

also for the jtag solder points the short one with the diode on the top of the board, i cant get it to stick properly with flux. mostly because it looks like there isnt even a spot to solder it to.

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(sscultima @ Feb 21 2010, 02:40 PM) View Post

well my cable at the moment is only a little less than 2 feet so under 60 cm. ill try the plugging the wires right into the port last.

i just find it funny that i keep getting 00012000 for flashconfig even though i have over and over made sure that they are all connected properly.

is it possible to push the resistors through the board at the connection points? because i just have it soldered touching the points.

also for the jtag solder points the short one with the diode on the top of the board, i cant get it to stick properly with flux. mostly because it looks like there isnt even a spot to solder it to.

ok, i brought the xbox back to my place, found out my other computer does have a LPT port with SPP, i got the flashconfig to 0x01198010 which is apparently the correct one, but now i still get error 0.

would that still have something to do with a connection to the board?

wilsey

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

At least now your getting the proper flase config. As for error 0, i think your wire is to long, and it cant read or write, 60cm is very long, try 30cm.

As for the Jtag points, You can put the diodes at the other end, As in Dont try to dolder the Diode to DB1F1, But solder it to J2D2.1 with the black strip facing away from the motherboard

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »

k, just shortened the cable again to around 30cm and re-soldered all the joints on the board and moved the diode for the jtag over and it is now dumping great!

Thanks for all the help guys!

was about to take this thing out back and blow it up.

wilsey

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted  biggrin.gif

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »

k, only thing im kinda sketchy about after i dumped twice was that on block 201 i got error: 204

i have looked everywhere for something about that error but found nothing, some people have said they flashed the new nand and it ran fine anyway

advice?

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(sscultima @ Feb 21 2010, 08:01 PM) View Post

k, only thing im kinda sketchy about after i dumped twice was that on block 201 i got error: 204

i have looked everywhere for something about that error but found nothing, some people have said they flashed the new nand and it ran fine anyway

advice?

k, well i figured i would just go ahead and flash with XBR. BUT now for some reason i cannot read or write to the nand, like it just fried or something.

i went to dump the nand the second time, both dumps are the same, and then when i went to flash it couldnt find it.

i then tried reading again, no go. So im at a loss, i dunno what could be the issue. i havent touched the board at all or even went near it. what could have happened?

perhaps the diode blew? i dunno, lol.

any thoughts?

wilsey

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »

Ok, as for not being able to detect nand, u might have to short some pins on the nand chip, Click Here

Also, i found it easier using this guide, you only need to get the first 2mb from your nand instead if 16mb

Before attempting to flash anything i recommend you get good dumps of your keyvault and config files

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

GAH! I had it reading it again after i resoldered the diode on the 11pin then once it got to block A it started getting error 0 and then just wouldnt read again after that, so im guessing the diode is dead or at least close to it.

I also got a bit further with shorting the nand. it started reading it for block 0 but then got error for 1.

so im guessing its the diode or something, ill replace it and see what happens

sscultima

• Archived User
Jtag Falcon
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(sscultima @ Feb 22 2010, 05:40 PM) View Post

GAH! I had it reading it again after i resoldered the diode on the 11pin then once it got to block A it started getting error 0 and then just wouldnt read again after that, so im guessing the diode is dead or at least close to it.

I also got a bit further with shorting the nand. it started reading it for block 0 but then got error for 1.

so im guessing its the diode or something, ill replace it and see what happens

*starts ripping out hair*

ok, i soldered a new diode onto the board and it started reading and it got to block 1 and then it started giving error 0 again, then couldnt read anymore!

this is extremely frustrating
Pages: [1] 2