xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lan Play App On Xbox?  (Read 57 times)

Takenover83

• Archived User
Lan Play App On Xbox?
« on: May 13, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

Is there a Homebrew app kinda Xbconnect or X-Link Messenger being developed for the Xbox. IS there already one?

Select the Tunnling Software form your Dashboard of choice.

You Would all select your game and then it would Auto-Launch the game(from harddrive or Dvd drive).

This would be the ultimate app.

Im not sure if it is even possible but I hope so.

shanafan

• Archived User
Lan Play App On Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

You buy a hub and network cables. There you go, no software needed. You can find sets like these at EB

Takenover83

• Archived User
Lan Play App On Xbox?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »

No I have played over IP/Lan using Xbconnect etc... I have all the tools. I was wonder if anyone is developing a app where  you would put it on the Xbox harddrive, instead of your pc. A xbox Homebrew App, not a Pc app.

Wishi

• Archived User
Lan Play App On Xbox?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »

That would require the tunnelling app and the game to both be running simultaneously on the box so it's not going to happen unless someone releases a homebrew game with it built in (but then it wouldn't need tunnelling).

This post has been edited by Wishi: May 15 2003, 05:40 AM

nathanstrach

• Archived User
Lan Play App On Xbox?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 08:22:00 AM »

Unless of course someone released a PATCH for xbe files that would force the game to look for system-link games over the internet. For example put the tunnel application on your f drive and the patch would allow the tunnel app to run in the background.  Or the tunnel app could launch the game and somehow remain in memory.  Or the tunnel app could launch the system link portion of the game? *how can you tell i'm not a coder* :)