xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: So, Finally Got Nand Dumped. On Xbox With Missing Dvd Key.  (Read 43 times)

dennisv9

• Archived User
So, Finally Got Nand Dumped. On Xbox With Missing Dvd Key.
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(info_warrior @ Feb 3 2010, 05:04 AM) View Post

I bought this xbox was told needed a new drive turned out to be wrong key on the drive.

i got this info the my nand.  
CB version 1940 ldv 0
cd version 8453
CE version 1888
cf (0) version 8955 ldv 12
cf (1) version 8498 ldv 11

I assume i can't run xell.  I maybe mistaken.
Basically, I need to know if i can extract a good nand from one of my many rrod xbox's.

the board is xenon.

I have plenty of rrod motherboards lying around i think last count was about 20. i made some a lot of bad investments purchasing broken xbox's from people who attempted to do repair themselves.

Anyway, it would be great if someone knows the answer to this.

Thank you very much for your time.

based on only the dashboard you should have known that it was not exploitable, dumping the nand was a waste of time. 8955 are not exploitable, so you now have a multimediaplayer on your hands. no chance (as of now) of exploiting.

info_warrior

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:00 AM »

I don't know why your so easily perturbed.

As I stated in posting.
I have plenty of 360's just laying around.
Extracting several as of right now.

Also, the xbox 360 was purchased by me from third party individual.
It was said to have a bad dvd drive.
Upon further review.
It was found to have a dvd drive.
Without the correct dvd key injected into firmware.

So, in all this procedure has not been in vain.
awaiting the second extraction of nand.bin. For file comparison. (update: no errors excellent!)
This donor xenon nand looks to be one which can not be exploited as well.
Good thing i actually have the key code to this nand. which, i will call donor nand 1.  

So, i now i have a nand that i can load and have a working dvd rom in this system.

Thats great!!

Well, i'm off to do more soldiering.

Wish list:  usb nand reader..

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

Umm, you can have all the donor NANDs you want but it will not work by simply switching the NAND.

From what I understand, the critical point overlooked here is that these NAND firmwares are married to the CPU of the motherboard. The CPU keys and kernel boot versions are burned into the CPU fuse bytes. This is a write once section built inside the CPU itself. Once a fuse bit is burned it can not be undone, you can burn more bits to increase the byte value but you can not go backwards.

If you do not have the CPU key then you can not obtain the DVD key and you can only get the CPU key if you have an exploitable kernel version.

You would need to swap CPU's and reball it on to your destination board for that CPU's NAND firmware to work.

I know, I couldn't believe it myself first time I heard it but it's true!