xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Open Xk  (Read 62 times)

MadManMDN

• Archived User
Open Xk
« on: February 19, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

I'm having trouble getting open xk to work, I have visubasic 6 but when I try to build the program it say sub menu error or something and wont let me continue. I realy want to get this to work so I can build the new media player, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Open Xk
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (MadManMDN @ Feb 19 2003, 02:07 PM)
I'm having trouble getting open xk to work, I have visubasic 6 but when I try to build the program it say sub menu error or something and wont let me continue. I realy want to get this to work so I can build the new media player, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

You are doing so much wrong, it's not even funny.

First off, "Open XDK" (Note the 'D') is stil in it's infancy, and is NOT a replacement for the full M$ XDK.

That said, it will NOT compile XBMP.

Secondly, you CANNOT write Xbox software using VisualBasic. Visual C/C++ is required... 6.0 for the older XDK, 7.0 (.NET) for the latest XDK.

Don't ask anymore questions until you do some browsing, and pay particular attention to the tutorials (yes, there is a tutorial regarding the XDK - odd how I should know that off the top of my head, too).

Even just building source code requires a bit of knowledge and programmer's common sense mojo. It's not something you can just jump into.

MadManMDN

• Archived User
Open Xk
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

Well how am I supost to get a working version of the new media player, I got the last from someones web page  but hes no longer updating it agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Open Xk
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (MadManMDN @ Feb 19 2003, 02:47 PM)
Well how am I supost to get a working version of the new media player, I got the last from someones web page  but hes no longer updating it agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

"The Usual Places"

Usenet, IRC, 'other'

easynews.com & news2me.com

Search it. Browse it. Learn it. Knowledge is power.  :o

Look in my signature for info on "The Usual Places"

This post has been edited by BenJeremy: Feb 19 2003, 06:32 PM