xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 Disk New Dash Update Kill My Jtag?  (Read 264 times)

Repoman 108

• Archived User
Mass Effect 2 Disk New Dash Update Kill My Jtag?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(FoxRacR17 @ Feb 21 2010, 03:50 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Is this a serious question?

...yeah?...why wouldnt it be? his xbox was completely jtaggable prior to him playing mass effect 2, and he wasnt connected to live whilst he played mass effect 2, infact his xbox has never connected to live, i had planned on buying his console from him and i know his console is probably completely unjtaggable now, but i wanted to make sure and have some second opinions before writing it off. basically, before playing mass effect 2 was jtaggable with old dashboard, after playing mass effect 2, he has the new dashboard and i want to know whether it is no longer jtaggable.

Haruno

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »

You should probably read this thread.

ME2 does not have anything newer than 8955. If it asks for an update it'll only be because you're missing avatar stuff.

JUST REMOVE THE R6T3 RESISTOR ITS NOT THAT HARD.

Repoman 108

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Haruno @ Feb 21 2010, 07:09 PM) *

You should probably read this thread.

ME2 does not have anything newer than 8955. If it asks for an update it'll only be because you're missing avatar stuff.

JUST REMOVE THE R6T3 RESISTOR ITS NOT THAT HARD.

I read the thread, it only states that removing the resistor will prevent the fuses from being blown in the future, and we have confirmed that people with already jtagged systems can update without fear for their xbox with or without the resistor removed. NOWHERE within this thread has it been stated or confirmed that this update will or will not make a pre-jtagged xbox UNjtaggable. this is not my xbox so i never had the option to jtag it nor remove the resistor. can i PLEASE get a straight answer as to whether anyone thinks this update will blow the efuse or not? if not, ill buy it off him and jtag it, if so, he can deal with his now pretty much useless 4 year old system.

Grim187

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »

once you have xbr flashed to your console you should remove R6T3 so its not possible to disable the ability to run homebrew.

there isent a dash that is more up to date then 8955, so any current update is safe to use.
the next dash update will release over xbl before its packed on disk.

Closed.

This post has been edited by Grim187: Yesterday, 04:23 AM
Pages: 1 2 [3]