xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: E79 On One And 3rrod On The Other Zephyr  (Read 268 times)

buttface96

• Archived User
E79 On One And 3rrod On The Other Zephyr
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

So I've got 2 zephyrs, all exploitable. Flashed XBR3a and 3b, the falcon xbr, zephyr xell, and falcon xell (and yes i included the kv and at times the config info) on all two of these and I get nothing more than e79 on one and 3rrod on the other! My jtag wiring is fine, I even switched out the diodes for new ones and I am still getting the same results.

Also just curious if there is anyone out there who has flashed a zephyr successfully without running into any issues? These are my fourth and fifth zephyrs and all have had trouble but these by far are the worst yet.

This post has been edited by buttface96: Jan 18 2010, 07:16 PM

sdeens2009

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

we may as well link the threads:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=702837

The answer seems to be "NO" the ZEPHYRS are not hackaeble unless you jump thru a loop and do alot of combinations of Falcon and Zephyr SMC and KV/CONFIG injections to get it right and CYGNOS might be the only way to do it safely.

I would strongly suggest NOT modding any ZEPHYRS until we hear from the XBR team and wait until the next release of XBR (if that is what your planning to test)

Something is definately wrong with that 8955--XBR-3b ZEPHYR nand image since both regular ZEPHYRS and those who receieved ZEPHYRS as warrenty replacemnets (CB=4580) after RROD do NOT seem to work with it properly.

I wont take any chances and brick my ZEPHYR-7363 kernel console until this is verified and I am NOT going to purchase a CYGNOS until I hear more.

p.s.
Does the old 7363 kernel in my ZEPHYR from last February 2009  boot  up properly our  DVD-DL games ripped with schtrom 4.0 using latest ixtreme v1.61 DVD firmware? Or should I flashback the DVD firmware to v1.4 since I get a message at bootup requesting a kernel update since 7363 is so old.  For your information, the games wont start and sorry if its minor high jack question.  I am spoofing a sammy MS28 into Hitachi 79FL with ixtereme v1.61. I figured I could at least play some games with it in the mean time until this XBR nand image problem is solved and never go online of course with it.

This post has been edited by sdeens2009: Jan 18 2010, 07:44 PM

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(sdeens2009 @ Jan 18 2010, 10:41 AM) View Post

we may as well link the threads:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=702837

The answer seems to be "NO" the ZEPHYRS are not hackaeble unless you jump thru a loop and do alot of combinations of Falcon and Zephyr SMC and KV/CONFIG injections to get it right and CYGNOS might be the only way to do it safely.

I would strongly suggest NOT modding any ZEPHYRS until we hear from the XBR team and wait until the next release of XBR (if that is what your planning to test)

Something is definately wrong with that 8955--XBR-3b ZEPHYR nand image since both regular ZEPHYRS and those who receieved ZEPHYRS as warrenty replacemnets (CB=4580) after RROD do NOT seem to work with it properly.

I wont take any chances and brick my ZEPHYR-7363 kernel console until this is verified and I am NOT going to purchase a CYGNOS until I hear more.

p.s.
Does the old 7363 kernel in my ZEPHYR from last February 2009  boot  up properly our  DVD-DL games ripped with schtrom 4.0 using latest ixtreme v1.61 DVD firmware? Or should I flashback the DVD firmware to v1.4 since I get a message at bootup requesting a kernel update since 7363 is so old.  For your information, the games wont start and sorry if its minor high jack question.  I am spoofing a sammy MS28 into Hitachi 79FL with ixtereme v1.61. I figured I could at least play some games with it in the mean time until this XBR nand image problem is solved and never go online of course with it.

Hmm that would make sense because I did get XBR3b mostly working on a cygnos for a client of mine a few weeks back. Thanks for the added info, and I am definitely putting these boxes away until something new is released.

As for your question with dvd fw, I would just put it to the new nonstealth fw if you can since you have a sammy. it boots practically anything

harleywastaken

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

same here - one of my zephyrs works fine no issues, but throws a random e79 sometimes when i try to boot it up and i have to go back through the initial setup - flashed and rewired a few times and no issues with any other consoles, so i'm assuming it's just the zephyr version of XBR that is the issue.

b1g1an

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

My CB 4580 Zephyr with Falcon XBR works perfectly, have now realised it only red lights the next time you start it if you either unplug or plug in something while the power is off ie HD, MU or USB device.

Then all i need to do is boot it using the eject button until the green lights spin, though this is usually first time, turn it off and boot again with the power button and everything is back to normal again.

Don't frighten people off just because your's doesn't work, I thought mine wasn't working properly until I found the routine above. This is also the case if the power is disconnected for some reason and therefore why it didn't work straight away after flashing.

This post has been edited by b1g1an: Jan 19 2010, 12:26 AM

effbee05

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

My Zephyr showed E79 a few times when I first updated to XBR3b but it has been flawless since then.

cat100

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

When you say you are using the falcon xbr are you using cygnos? I`m not using a chip. If you are not using a chip how did you merge it all together?

buttface96

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(b1g1an @ Jan 18 2010, 03:24 PM) View Post

My CB 4580 Zephyr with Falcon XBR works perfectly, have now realised it only red lights the next time you start it if you either unplug or plug in something while the power is off ie HD, MU or USB device.

Then all i need to do is boot it using the eject button until the green lights spin, though this is usually first time, turn it off and boot again with the power button and everything is back to normal again.

Don't frighten people off just because your's doesn't work, I thought mine wasn't working properly until I found the routine above. This is also the case if the power is disconnected for some reason and therefore why it didn't work straight away after flashing.

Are you using a cygnos? And Im not trying to scare people lol, the numbers for people having XBR issues with zephyrs seem a lot larger than the other hardware revisions. I've done several jaspers and xenons, one falcon and a few zephyrs and every single zephyr had something wrong with it when XBR was on it.

Misterturtle

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(b1g1an @ Jan 18 2010, 06:24 PM) *

What error code do you get? I get an 0022. What exactly did you do to flash it? just flash falcon xbr on it and inject kv and config into it? or did you do all the smc stuff?

Do you have the chip or are you flashing from the lpt ports?

radarshop

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(harleywastaken @ Jan 18 2010, 04:03 PM) View Post

same here - one of my zephyrs works fine no issues, but throws a random e79 sometimes when i try to boot it up and i have to go back through the initial setup - flashed and rewired a few times and no issues with any other consoles, so i'm assuming it's just the zephyr version of XBR that is the issue.

I have the same problem with the e79 errors on my zephyr. I also get the 3 red lights as well at times.It comes up with an error 0020.

moja

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »

Mine red lights sometimes (Zephyr CB 4580 with Falcon XBR), but I found if I give it 5 seconds or so between power cycles it works ok.  Having to redo the setup every time is annoying though - even if I somehow red light my Jasper it still retains the setup and boots right up next time, so...  Here's to hoping the next release works better.  Minor gripe I guess for what it's worth.

I do remember flashing the newer Redline xell over the nand when I flashed XBR.  Perhaps it worked better with the version built in originally.  Since I already have the keys, maybe I'll try reflashing back to 'stock' XBR/xell.

This post has been edited by moja: Jan 19 2010, 02:31 AM

cat100

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »

Is There a version of Xell that did work with Zephyr before 8955 xbr?

harleywastaken

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(radarshop @ Jan 18 2010, 04:41 PM) View Post

I have the same problem with the e79 errors on my zephyr. I also get the 3 red lights as well at times.It comes up with an error 0020.

i just reflashed my zephyr using flash360 and only the kv injected, not the config, and i haven't gotten any e79's yet - my ROL is acting weird though, sometimes it's fine, other times it'll boot normally but throw 2 green lights, all 4 (!) red lights, or nothing at all. still testing at the moment, i'll report anything else weird.

b1g1an

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Misterturtle @ Jan 19 2010, 12:34 AM) *

What error code do you get? I get an 0022. What exactly did you do to flash it? just flash falcon xbr on it and inject kv and config into it? or did you do all the smc stuff?

Do you have the chip or are you flashing from the lpt ports?

I haven't checked the code, will do it next time. No chip just flashing the original nand via lpt, kept getting errors trying to inject the config into the nand so preinjected kv and config into the bog standard Falcon xbr, flashed perfectly first time.

Got plenty of red lights to start with until I realised what was going on as I said in my previous post. Try booting  it using the eject button until you get the normal spinning lights and then try booting normally, have never connected it by anything other than hdmi so don't know what is happening on screen when using the eject, just watch for those lights.

SwiftingSpeed

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

I also have e79 (error 0022) on my Zephyr, it worked for a little while at first and a lot of the times I started it I had to do the setup. Sometimes I could recover from the e79 by holding the sync button at boot but it doesn't work anymore. I was thinking about re-flashing it but since I found this topic I think I'm going to wait as there seems to be issues with Zephyr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5