xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bad Flash, Falcon Dead :(  (Read 185 times)

Darth Soap

• Archived User
Bad Flash, Falcon Dead :(
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(xan21 @ Feb 16 2010, 04:39 AM) *

cyngos360 v2 potentially could solve your problem. It would bypass the onboard nand and use the chips nand. and you can flash the correct XBR or w/e to the chips nand.

Hmmm yeah i might have to give that a shot i'll buy one and let you know how it goes. Also could someone link me to grim's method i can't seem to find it.

This post has been edited by Darth Soap: Feb 16 2010, 01:43 AM

iceman2048

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »

Darth Soap

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(iceman2048 @ Feb 16 2010, 11:50 AM) View Post

Thanks, but still no luck. I'll have to give the Cygnos a try.

iceman2048

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

Sounds good. Please keep us posted!

drusso55

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »

This happened to me while trying to flash my falcon, lost all power after bad flash but i did not short the nand with a wire/screwdriver i did it like this:
Unplug you power lead from the 360 jut leave the video cable, then prepare to setup your erease command in Nandpro20b  "nandpro lpt: -e16" but do not execute the command just yet, this next bit is all about accurate timing u may have do do a couple of attempts altough i got it right 1st time lucky i guess,
u need to push your power cable into the 360 at the same time as execuiting the erase command in nandpro and hopefully voila u should see nandpro detecting flash controller and erase your, obviously before u erase i hope you have a backup of your original, hope this helps.

Darth Soap

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:00 AM »

I gave that a quick try this morning with no luck, i'll give it another go tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Br0k3R

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

hi

just flash it and wait about 5 mins after flash (dont close nandpro, dont disconnect lpt cable, dont power off computer, dont unplug cables from xbox - just wait 3-5 mins). then power off computer and and disconnect lpt cable but leave xbox psu and av cables connected for another 3 mins. then disconnect cables from xbox wati another 3 mins and give it a try

i had the same problem with one xenon when i flashed it via lpt. it was completely dead. I don't know why it helped but it really helped, maybe its something with buffering(?) like when you disconnect usb stick immediately after finished copying but led on usb stick is still blinking - the file gets occured and you have to do it again.

BLOODRED6366

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(soulwarrior @ Jan 10 2010, 10:20 PM) *

Flashed a falcon with the newest xbr, only to boot up to an error 79, then rrod, then no power at all. I figured it was a bad flash but of course when i go to reflash it (lpt) i get the could not detect flash controller error. I've tried shorting both sets of data pins using both a wire and a screwdriver, and still not being detected. I've checked my wiring, i've made sure the lpt is plugged all the way in, and made sure i plugged the power in. I'm on the verge of writing this system off as dead. Is there anything I can do?

Hi there, not sure if anyone has reccomended this already but i was having the same problem.
nand flash and JTAG solders were perfect but still getting E79..sometimes randomly.

then I added a 330HM 1W resistor in-between J2D2.4 --------- J2D2.7. slam bam thanks you maam...stable as hell now and no more E79=)

this seesm to be just for falcon boards.

hope it helps you

Darth Soap

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(drusso55 @ Feb 16 2010, 07:21 PM) View Post

This happened to me while trying to flash my falcon, lost all power after bad flash but i did not short the nand with a wire/screwdriver i did it like this:
Unplug you power lead from the 360 jut leave the video cable, then prepare to setup your erease command in Nandpro20b  "nandpro lpt: -e16" but do not execute the command just yet, this next bit is all about accurate timing u may have do do a couple of attempts altough i got it right 1st time lucky i guess,
u need to push your power cable into the 360 at the same time as execuiting the erase command in nandpro and hopefully voila u should see nandpro detecting flash controller and erase your, obviously before u erase i hope you have a backup of your original, hope this helps.

Wow, it acutally worked!! I tried serveral times putting in the psu same time as pressing enter, didnt work, then i tried putting in the psu a fraction after pressing enter and it worked and erased the nand, flashing the right xbr image onto my nand as we speak. Now i have no need for the cygnos i bought...

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Darth Soap @ Feb 17 2010, 10:14 PM) View Post

Wow, it acutally worked!! I tried serveral times putting in the psu same time as pressing enter, didnt work, then i tried putting in the psu a fraction after pressing enter and it worked and erased the nand, flashing the right xbr image onto my nand as we speak. Now i have no need for the cygnos i bought...

This worked for me as well. I'm sorry to say I was foolish (or tired) enough to flash the Xenon XeLL image to a Falcon board. The last five consoles I've done have been Xenons, so I guess habits kicked it when my brain checked out.

Still, thanks for posting this. It saved me a long night of frustration. smile.gif

drusso55

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Darth Soap @ Feb 18 2010, 06:14 AM) View Post

Glad u sorted it, once u get hang of i think its easier than shorting the pins on your nand an risk touching the wrong ones.
Pages: 1 2 [3]