xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bad Nand?  (Read 111 times)

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »

So I got 2 identical dumps from nandpro outta about 6 dumps, the others had bad blocks.I have a zephyr and when I flash XBR I either get the single green light or the christmas lights. Ive tried dumping the KV through NANDPRO and flashtool but whatever KV I inject I get christmas lights. I first flash XBR untouched then inject KV directly to nand through NANDPRO. Ive already flashed 2 falcons with no problems. Im going to try another computer ,but if that doesnt work I dont know what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ALso does anyone know how to to inject KV through flash tool I was unable to figure it out.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

So I can view my orig.bin nand in flash tool no errors no problems, Degraded shows no bad blocks and exploitable CB 4558 zephyr, KeyVault Modder opens up my KV_dec.bin from flash tool fine I can read my dvd key and it matches my backup of mu hitachi dvd rom.

But When I flash my orig.bin back I get no power on the xbox, even after removing jtag wires.

bulle48

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

I had similar problems with my Zephyr when flashing with nandpro.  Sometimes I get just a black screen with the center light on, sometimes I get e71/e79 and have to do setup again, and sometimes it would boot fine.

If you get no power at all after flashing you will need to short some pins to do a Bad Flash Recovery, then erase (nandpro lpt: -e16 0 400), and then write.

I would start by writing only Xell (it's only 2mb instead of 16mb so will be much faster to flash), and then use gentoo Live CD v2 to boot linux, and lflash to update with your xbr3b.bin with kv/config injected (search forums for instructions on using lflash).  If you got lots of read errors when using nandpro, which it sounds like you did since most of your dumps did not match, then most likely there will be write errors or bad blocks, which lflash is much better at handling than nandpro.

P.S.  The x-mas lights error means bad kv.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »

Yea I think I will use Iflash I can get xell to boot after xbr flash. I only got no power when I wrote my original nand back to my xbox but nandpro detects and I was able to write back xbr.bin but christmas lights.

I dont get read errors or write errors in nandpro. Thanks for the response I will try to glash with Iflash and post results when im done.

bulle48

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(smokeDOGGbaby @ Jan 7 2010, 04:47 PM) View Post

Yea I think I will use Iflash I can get xell to boot after xbr flash. I only got no power when I wrote my original nand back to my xbox but nandpro detects and I was able to write back xbr.bin but christmas lights.

I dont get read errors or write errors in nandpro. Thanks for the response I will try to glash with Iflash and post results when im done.

It's Lflash by the way, not iFlash, and you did get read errors since your dumps didn't all match... nandpro just doesn't give any error since it doesn't know that the data it's getting is bad... same with writing.  Lflash will automatically backup your current NAND, flash a new one, and read it back again to verify... while re-mapping any bad blocks on-the-fly.  All in about 5 mins, as opposed to over an hour with NandPro/LPT.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:13:00 AM »

Ok so I tried writing with gentoo only to get e79 or Christmas lights.
I used the latest xbr 8955_3b I think and injected kv through nandpro.
I'm going to try to install a older xbr and see if that works .
Should I try a falcon xbr or is that a bad idea, I saw another thread where this helped but they had a differnt cb than mine.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

So I flashed with xbr_8955_1 zephyr and still no go. Christmas lights upon startup.
Does this mean I have a bad KV ? Flash tool read it fine with my CPU key.
Can I rebuild my kv or cani use a donor kv? I still haven't flashed as a falcon because I don't wanna mess it up completely.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »

anyone... before I trash this xbox?

ian_hard

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »

can you boot xell

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

yup

ian_hard

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »

well get your cpu key from xell then try and unlock your orginal nand in xboxflash tools if that works then move on to using linux to flash a freshly made xbr

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

Wow... Read the thread. I already tried that and same results.
My kv is corrupted i guess .

Misterturtle

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »

I had the same problem. I went through these exact thought processes.

Make sure you have nandproB!!! not just nandpro. if you flash with nandpro it gives you the christmas lights. If you are using nandpro now, make sure you get nandprob point to the nandprob to flash your nand. JUST DELETE ALL OF NANDPRO if you don't have b, then download b.

You said you already flashed a few falcons, so maybe this isnt it. But i had the exact same problem with christmas lights, restored original nand, then no power. Etc.

Just figured i would give you one thing to check for real quick

This post has been edited by Misterturtle: Jan 11 2010, 03:02 PM

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

Thanks for the input , but I have been using nandpro20b ever since my first falcon.
I was thinking of using a donor nand and inject its KV to my nand like this

Bincrypt
360 Flash Tool.
KeyVault Modder by zouzz
My "Corrupt" Xenon nand dump.
"Donor" Xenon nand dump.
Both systems CPU keys.

After some messing around with some tools I got the idea of Spoofing my data to someone elses KeyVault so..

Open bincrypt and place your CPU Keyt on the line. Extract your keyvault from your nand using bincrypt. Click Raw Flash Bin > Extract and on the right side of the window click Decrypt, then click process. Name it whatever you like.

Now place the "Donor" CPU key on the line, and follow the same steps.

Now open KeyVault Modder and open your KeyVault, should be able to view the information, I was.

Copy the information to a safe place, you will need it later.

Now, back to BinCrypt place your original CPU key on the line again. click Raw Flash Bin > Replace. on the right side of the window click Encrypt, click Process, Select your XBR_Xenon image, then select the donor keyvault when asked.

You just injected a donor keyvault signed with your CPU Key, Congrats..

Now open 360 Flash Tool, Click Keys, place your CPU Key on the line intended. Click Ok, it may say "Bad KV" we're going to click Patch, fill the information in with the proper info from your KeyVault. click Ok.

Now write the image however you see fit, I did it over LPT (nandpro) and the lflash method, worked both times and I was finally able to utilize profiles and save games.

xboxscene

I know its for xenon but im gonna try and see if it works. I only have falcon nand dumps, would anyone be willing to give me a zephyr nand?

buttface96

• Archived User
Bad Nand?
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

I think the zephyr build in general just has issues. I've done about 3 zephyrs with XBR so far, and all have had some issues with random red ringing/e79/green center. A power cycle always fixed these errors, but I havent had any of these issues on the xenons/jaspers that I have done, only the zephyrs.
Pages: [1] 2