xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Faq: Problems With Nand Dumping/writing/homebrew?  (Read 311 times)

thwack

• Archived User
Faq: Problems With Nand Dumping/writing/homebrew?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(onemandivision @ Feb 11 2010, 08:22 PM) View Post

Hey, i hope this is the right place to post my problem.

I got an 7371 dashboard xenon xbox 360 and tried the jtag/nand flashing hack..
this is the guide i used:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698328

After soldering all the connections and plugging the cables into my lpt, i cant read the nand. nandpro says it cant find any flash chip. Also, when the cables are plugged in the xbox wont turn on. i know that you dont need to turn the xbox on for flashing, but i tried to turn it on in order to see if it got power...

i checked my soldering and everything seems fine.. im using a laptop lpt port, could that be causing the problem?

thanks a lot

Have you used a switching diode in the LPT cable? Also, try fiddling with the settings in your PC bios's LPT section - EPP etc.

The 360 won't power on when the LPT cable is still hooked up to the PC, so that's normal. Double check for soldering shorts etc as well.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »

Ok the only thing i can think of that is different from the last time i did a jtag hack , is that i used a piece of the diode stem instead of wire to bridge j2d2.4 and 7.

Would that make a difference and should i just use a wire?

Oh my problem is e79 when i flash with xbr and 1033 secondary , i can see it try to load the hack , the center light kind of stays solid for a half second then the 1 red light , i have the DVD drive disconnected so the middle light blinks. I obviously got a good dump as it works when I remove the wires and flash it too stock.  my concern is whether i should use a wire as opposed too a diode stem to bridge 4 and 7 those may not be the right numbers i am not looking at a picture but the tiny wire you bridge. I'm determined to get this working with the Jtag , since it works stock I am confident that it is just about figuring out the problem , i am redumping now that i have flashed it back to stock and starting from square 1 , but i welcome any input while i am working on it. And no i am not using the same computer too post that i am flashing on , i am leaving it too do its thing. Any reason to think it might be version d of nandpro? i am doing it over and using b again because i had success with it the first time.
Thank in advance.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 03:26:00 AM »

Sorry for double posting , i don't need any help now , i was just up all night and wasn't paying attention i bridged the wrong points on j2d2 i knew which ones too do but for whatever reason i didnt catch it until now flashing back with xbr again and i will just assume it is fine.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(wo76 @ Mar 24 2010, 07:56 PM) View Post
hello i got Error: 250 reading block 224

what can i do to solve?

You can stop posting in every thread wink.gif

Open the dump in Degraded - if it says:

'bad block @ 224
bad block 224 @ 0X3FF'

then the dump is fine - it's just that the block has been reallocated by the 360. Use Xellous to install XBR and it'll remap for you (there's a Xellous tut in this section of the forums).

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Mar 24 2010, 04:33 PM) View Post

You can stop posting in every thread wink.gif

Open the dump in Degraded - if it says:

'bad block @ 224
bad block 224 @ 0X3FF'

then the dump is fine - it's just that the block has been reallocated by the 360. Use Xellous to install XBR and it'll remap for you (there's a Xellous tut in this section of the forums).

I have never moved any bad blocks before flashing and also have not had any problems with XBR booting or anything not working.. When I flashed last night i got write errors at the exact same spot where my bad blocks were , not surprisingly , but it was fine when i turned it on.. Any thoughts? Is it risky to do it that way?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 02:53:00 AM »

No it should be fine. You need to check though after an install with bad blocks that NXE can still do what it normally does - ie install to HD, create profiles etc. 99% of the time it's fine, but sometimes it borks.....

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

OK i have a bad block at 0x138 and it starts to show the boot animation then goes too e71 , secondary code is 1013. I am going to try flashing it back too the backup i have , i tried it with a remapped version and it still didn't work. It looks like 0x138 would be somewhere in the dash.xex is that correct?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

Yeah - forms part of the dash, hence the hang on boot. Have you tried Xellous to install? Or Redline's Bad Black Remapper - both should reassign the block for XBR.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

Yea i tried the remapper however i opened it up twice and then saw somewhere it said not too do that , so i may have screwed it up doing so. I am going to try it flashed back stock if it does run i will be happy and i will start from square one again. I can't wait until these nandx and maximus products come out although i have seen other similar devices i may just pick one of those up.

I also wanted to clarify , what is the difference between the 16mb NAND backup you get with NANDPro and the one you download with Xellous? I am going to try the xellous method assuming it will boot after i put stock back on it. I am worried that because it won't read or write to that section it will not work even with the stock file flashed. we shall see.

Ok it still let me edit i was making breakfast while it was flashing it does boot after i flashed with the stock NAND backup i got from LPT. so i am going to try it the xellous way i guess.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »

No difference with Xellous compared to normal dump. Xellous will reallocate bb's for you when using XBR.

I'd recommend flashing back to stock just to be sure to start with though smile.gif

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

Well if i flash it with xellous now it will boot and it does the update. It moves every single block to f80000 it goes really fast and then when i boot it , only the center light blinks it never gives any error just the center green light comes on.
I accidently deleted my original backup so im kind of fucked now.
  i guess i can use it for gentoo linux or ubuntu now. I am pretty sure my problem came from the error at block 0x128 when i looked at it in flash dump it looked to be where the dash.xex was , it did boot from the original but like i said i accidentally deleted it. And when i got my flash dump from xellous it was not my original flash , i have no idea why because i had flashed it back too stock before i did xellous and made sure it would boot. Like i said it will work with just xellous but after i flash it with. I always get lucky in that i am not messing up machines that are going to cost me much when i break them.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »

Gutted for you sad.gif Even though you've got rid of your original NAND dump, do you still have your kv and config? If so the 360's still saveable.....

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

I do indeed still have the kv and config. I thought about trying the nand flash from the other one that got botched , but for different reasons. I know it wouldn't work after looking at the 2 in flash tool but they share a cb everything else was different so the fuses wouldn't match , and yea thats just a bad idea.

I think i have the config and kv still i am reading another one to mod , this time no read errors on the first go , i am dumping 3 times and saving them somewhere and not deleting them.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(wo76 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:07 PM) View Post

well my xbox 360 is falcon!! guys! i did it all.. nand things.. etc.. all works fine.. but when i turn it on.. give me just 3 green lights .. no video no audio. what is this? any ideas?

thanks!

Get the secondary code , could possibly be that it got the red ring of death who knows.  If the secondary code is 1020 i can be pretty sure it does have something to do with the flash , or 1033 , 1013 , a few i know off the top of my head. But that secondary code is important to resolving the problemo.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(wo76 @ Mar 25 2010, 07:26 PM) View Post

yeah youre rigth! error 0022! sad.gif

0022 isn't neccesarily related to the NAND , it says it can be , and you can get it after a flash for jtag. I would suggest putting stock flash on the NAND and see if it boots. Dissconnect the Jtag wires of course. It sounds more likely to be a red ring of death due to hardware failure than NAND but like i said try the stok flash see what happens.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4