OG Xbox Forums > Xbox Homebrew Software

Dvdx 2 Audio Output

(1/2) > >>

bludvlkg:
I haven't watched a whole lot of dvd's on my xbox since I modded it, so I just noticed this last night while watching Austin Powers in Goldmember (using DVDx 2, using optical cable obviously (just to avoid dumb questions)).  I chose the DTS output, and got nothing.  When I chose Dolby Digital, I got a Pro Logic output (I know this because my rcvr has different displays for all the different audio formats).  I brought up the DVDX setup menu, and tried to change the audio outputs, and each time I opened that menu, the settings had reset to the first value.

I'm pretty sure that my xbox did Dolby 5.1 and DTS before I modded it, so I left the movie in the player, and from the EVOX menu, I booted to the Xbox Dashboard (with the DVD Playback kit plugged in).  This allowed me to use the original XBOX DVD player.  When looking at the audio setup while the movie was playing, it menu said it was outputting Dolby Digital 5.1, but the rcvr still saw ProLogic and DTS didn't work at all.  I tested my rcvr using my ps2, just to make sure it was reading the proper audio formats, and it was fine for both DD and DTS.

This isn't a huge deal, I can just use my PS2 or my other DVD player to watch movies, but it's still frustrating...Anyone got any ideas?

kkattfish:
did you say you did go into the ms dash and look at the audio options there??  sorry if you say you did.  if not though you may want to go there those settings may override everything else.   :beer:

bludvlkg:
I didn't say it, but I did do it.  Here's the thing, since it's been a couple of months since I modded, I can't remember this one thing.  In the audio options in the original MS Xbox Dash, is there a choice specifically for Dolby Digital, or does it just say Dolby Surround?

kkattfish:
hmm, i think it just says dolby surround but like you i haven't been in there in a while and i am at work right now.  sorry maybe somebody at their xbox could confirm this for us.   :beer:

ewok:
In the original Dash you have to put the settings of sound to 5.1 AND DTS.

Easy as that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version