xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cpxmenux Multi Dvd Building Problem  (Read 209 times)

tourist

• Archived User
Cpxmenux Multi Dvd Building Problem
« on: December 19, 2002, 12:05:00 AM »

hey everybody,

I was playing around with menux the other night and I ran into a little problem.
I thought I would put together a little 2 game compilation for learning purposes. I followed this guide found here word for word.
http://downloads.xbox-scene.net/Templates/...i_Game_Xbox.pdf

I rechecked everything and can't find a thing wrong. anyway, I was gonna compress the finished product and take it to my friends house so he could burn it to dvd-rw to see if it worked.  then I figured, I could easily transfer it to my games folder and run it through evox.

so I used flashfxp to transfer all the files and folders to my games folder on my e: drive.
after it installed, I rebooted the xbox and chose launch menu> games> menux

then my menu screen comes up nicely and I can hear the wma I substituted for the one that came with the software.  So by this point I'm thinking.. "hell yeah" and then I pick one of the games from the menu screen and it gives me the loading screen and kicks me back out to my evox dash.  

I then transferred the 2 games straight to the games folder on my e: and they both work fine just launching them one by one from the launch menu's game folder.  any suggestions?

thanks in advance

kyokushin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

sad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

First off, wrong forum for this sorrt of thing....

Second, you can't use MenuX from the hard drive. There's a good reason for that, too; it's a hacked demo program written by M$ designed to be run only from the DVD.

Thridly, there is a menu system that works from both the Hard drive AND DVD. My own Media X Menu (MXM). Lots of posts about it in the Homebrew forum, where I'm placing this thread.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

mXm > MenuX By far now anyways.