xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71

Author Topic: How To Uncripple A Banned 360 (not Unban!)  (Read 3093 times)

WBones

• Archived User
How To Uncripple A Banned 360 (not Unban!)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Omikron199 @ Nov 24 2009, 05:49 AM) *

I've just unbanned my jasper 256 using lpt

Correction. You restored functionality. You are still banned though

anjelika

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(JinKu @ Nov 24 2009, 01:33 PM) View Post

Two questions about using USB instead of LPT :

First up, I guess you need to use different commands with nandpro when you're using USB?  For example I guess this command is only for LPT?

nandpro lpt: -r16 nand.bin

But then I guess it's not just a matter or replacing the lpt with usb because you would need to specify the exact usb port?  I'm not sure, I see that Thwack has used USB and wrote this tutorial, so maybe the nandpro lpt: command works even for usb dumping?

Second question :
In the thread linked above, it seems to indicate that for USB you need a 'LPC2148 Olimex USB header board' along with the 'LibUsb driver'...  so I'm wondering if one of those pre-made USB-Parallel cables from ebay would work, since it's probably very different.  Also in that thread it quotes from somewhere else that you need to 'Flash the .hex file to the LPC2148' and 'Point "found new hardware" to the "custom.inf"' but those instructions don't make any sense since it doesn't say anything else about a .hex file or a custom .inf!  So my question is to the people who have had success using USB, did you need to use these instructions, or any special drivers, etc?

Thanks.

Hey,
The command for nand in order to use the usb is the same, you just replace 'lpt by 'usb' (I think it checks for all usbs untill it finds the 'right' one).
You're talking about this device (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=676).
You need to firs program it (flash it) for your needs in order to be able to use it for nand dump. Programming means actually flashing it with the .hex file that comes with nand.2.0.
Now, the bad part is that you can't program it through its internal USB interface so you hace to use http://www.sparkfun....products_id=714 or another interface.
I just purchased these two and will let you know how is goind. In the mean time will make an LTP cable to dump some nands tongue.gif

Twirp

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »

I de-sec'd mine last night.  I did have to try 2 different computers as the first one wouldn't read without errors.  After switching computers it was smooth (albeit slow) sailing.  I can't imagine how long it would take to dump a 512mb nand.

Thanks to thwack for the tutorial and all involved in finding this solution!

Thundercleese

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »

Hey guys anyone know if a "PCI IEEE 1284 Parallel Printer LPT Port I/O Card" (eg. hXXp://cgi.ebay.com.au/PCI-IEEE-1284-Parallel-Printer-LPT-Port-I-O-Card_W0QQitemZ200402862389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Components?hash=item2ea8f10135) would work for this?

Im trying to find an alternative as my pc lacks lpt and usb method seems alot more complicated. Is my only choice to buy an old pc with lpt? thanks

Omikron199

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

Yes, this device should work

Thundercleese

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Omikron199 @ Nov 24 2009, 06:14 PM) View Post

Yes, this device should work

thanks for the reply. I will buy it and try.

danked

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »

Some questions, I thought you couldn’t change the Nand post 849x update or is that only to for running Xell ?
And if we have a valid key from another xbox is it possible to unban with this method or are there some other restrictions preventing us from doing this?

MBry0

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »

I'm dumping a 256mb nand through lpt  sleeping.gif .
The first dump took about 12 hours, and now I'm waiting for the 2nd and 3rd dump.

On the first dump I get error on 16 blocks (1 "error 250" followed by 7 "error 210" subsequently, and then later the same 8 errors on subsequent blocks).

I know that get some errors is normal, but 16 blocks, is still normal?

Always sorry for the bad english  beerchug.gif

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »

Man I suck at soldering...

anyone have any tips on soldering technique?

I've been testing with a network cable and an old DSL modem board I have. The way I found the best was to get some solder on the wire beforehand then just holding the wire down to the board and melting it and hoping it bonds properly.

Is there a better way?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(WBones @ Nov 24 2009, 07:57 PM) View Post

Man I suck at soldering...

anyone have any tips on soldering technique?

I've been testing with a network cable and an old DSL modem board I have. The way I found the best was to get some solder on the wire beforehand then just holding the wire down to the board and melting it and hoping it bonds properly.

Is there a better way?

1. Twist exposed wire
2. Apply flux to twisted wire and to point you're gonna solder to.
3. Apply solder to fluxed wire (called 'tinning') doesn't have to be loads, just enough to coat it.
4. Run the soldering iron over the point you're gonna solder to - 'freshens' the solder (you can add a little more solder if it looks like there's not enough on the solder point).
5. Put tinned wire over the solder point on mobo - hold it there, then gently place soldering iron on top.
6. Wait till the solder 'fuses', take away soldering iron and keep the wire in place just long enough for the solder to 'join'.
7. Check after all the soldering you don't have shorts.
8. Have a beer smile.gif

QUOTE(danked @ Nov 24 2009, 07:42 PM) View Post

Some questions, I thought you couldn’t change the Nand post 849x update or is that only to for running Xell ?
And if we have a valid key from another xbox is it possible to unban with this method or are there some other restrictions preventing us from doing this?

Yes you can 'change' the NAND after 8XXX, but you can't use the JTAG exploit (ie Xell). Because of this, you can't alter the Key Vault.

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Nov 24 2009, 02:31 PM) *

1. Twist exposed wire
2. Apply flux to twisted wire and to point you're gonna solder to.
3. Apply solder to fluxed wire (called 'tinning') doesn't have to be loads, just enough to coat it.
4. Run the soldering iron over the point you're gonna solder to - 'freshens' the solder (you can add a little more solder if it looks like there's not enough on the solder point).
5. Put tinned wire over the solder point on mobo - hold it there, then gently place soldering iron on top.
6. Wait till the solder 'fuses', take away soldering iron and keep the wire in place just long enough for the solder to 'join'.
7. Check after all the soldering you don't have shorts.
8. Have a beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ah ok maybe if I add a bit of solder to the board as well... might make it easier.

Also I am using solder with flux already in it so im not sure if that makes it easier or harder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(WBones @ Nov 24 2009, 08:37 PM) View Post

Ah ok maybe if I add a bit of solder to the board as well... might make it easier.

Also I am using solder with flux already in it so im not sure if that makes it easier or harder tongue.gif

You can never have enough flux (well...you can....), flux pens are a good smile.gif Leaded solders the best - although it's f'in hard to get hold of now, so most are unleaded (pain in the arse). The points on the board sometimes have a 'coating' or just general dust on them (mainly cos the 360 likes to divert it's airflow everywhere inside other than over the GPU heatsink), so giving the points a 'reflow' freshens them up and makes soldering easier.

Believe me - I'm a soldering geek wink.gif

incudie

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

Thwack,

Thank you for the soldering advice. I have never used flux (after all these years of soldering and screaming).
Maybe a little flux will help keep the stress level down smile.gif

jdog12345MI

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(incudie @ Nov 24 2009, 05:28 PM) View Post

Thwack,

Thank you for the soldering advice. I have never used flux (after all these years of soldering and screaming).
Maybe a little flux will help keep the stress level down smile.gif

Yes thanks Thwack. I am also going to try your technique. I have been struggling to solder myself. I am a hack solderer. I can do big things (non PCB's) but I am scared to f' this board up. I might practice on something else until I can get it. I tried it once already and I didn't want to get the PCB too hot. My soldering iron has 2 settings (15 and 30 watt). What do you recommend? I think the point is small enough to hit the right spots so I should be OK with that.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

No bother smile.gif

15w is watt (get it wink.gif ) I'd recommend - 30w and you can start lifting traces on the board. You shouldn't have to really press down with the soldering iron as well - if you've fluxed and tinned properly should attach reasonably easy.

Also think about the order you're gonna solder in - furthest away first, and work towards you.

Also - don't get angry if it's not going right, take a break, have a beer, go back to it.

(*stops posting about solder techniques - realises it ain't doing credability any good*) wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71