xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Demo Video of Free60's New Homebrew JTAG Hack  (Read 964 times)

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Demo Video of Free60's New Homebrew JTAG Hack
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 03:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(reddragon105 @ Aug 13 2009, 04:21 AM) View Post

I don't know what this means, but I'm still pretty excited!
As I can't be of any help with the development of this, just let me know when I can put XBMC on my 360. When that happens I'll post a YouTube video of my original Xbox flying out of the window.

my XBox1 will NEVER be going out the window purely because for 'standard def' stuff it will ALWAYS be better than the XBox360 solely because the XBox console is MUCH more reliable in general and alot less likely to break down.

but i do agree XBMC is the ONLY reason a exploit like this would be useful in my opinion. because the SOLE reason i want XBMC is for HD playback (i.e. direct x264 720p .mkv playback! smile.gif ) which is the only real advantage a XBox360 would have over a XBox1 running XBMC.

because it will be nice to directly be able to play .mkv (x264 720p) files without having to convert them with apps like XenonMKV etc.

p.s. but i don't really see any of this happening in the foreseeable future, sadly sad.gif

fatvince

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(lllsondowlll @ Aug 13 2009, 07:56 AM) *

If Tmbinc releases his portion of the exploit then little bits of unsigned code are possible. But without the rest of the team giving the go it won't be complete as for making our own live thats quite improbable reason being is that the closest we came to that is XBMC xlink kai and it required a computer to use the network and most xbox 360 games have a ping limiter in the system link to keep it from being played over long range lan thus making our own live is out of sight.

Why are you such a doubting thomas? On the other threads you insisted this didn't exist, wouldn't work etc etc. Now it's going to work but the ping limiter is going to ruin everything? Dude, get a grip. Once this exploit is released hackers the world over are going to be working on opening up all of the 360's capabilities. Just look at the Ds, PSP and Wii.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 04:22:00 AM »

Any hints on when this will be finally released? I've an infectus2 sitting here waiting to be used again and wonder if it'll be 'compatible', or am I just better off buying a Cygnos2?

The Dude Z

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 05:04:00 AM »

"I used a Cygnos v2 sample i got (thanks!) and flashed the hack on the cygnos NAND. The original NAND was untouched. I can now boot either the hack or my NXE dash :-)
I opened a virgin box for that. No DVD hack, nothing. Just flashed it onto that Cygnos NAND and bingo..."

blink.gif That 360 is definitely prior to even a 2007 Falcon unit it still has the cheap tin and copper CPU heatsink and old style GPU heatsink without the copper pipe in it.

The dash we see boot the first time is definitely  booting NXE dash so it's not 1 of the 2 exploitable kernels thus the exploitable kernel or hack must be booting from the Cygnos nand.

So what do you mean by Virgin box?
Not FW modded?

In any event even if we had to use a Cygnos it will sure be nice even to run a linux distro and use VLC player in Linux for HDTV files.

Here is to hoping for a release and a huge effort put forward for future XBMC360 at some point down the road.
Good Job to all involved and thanks for all the time spent by all who worked on this.

There is just one more thing I have to ask
How did you manage to keep that old 360 from the dreaded RROD ?
Do you keep a pair of Shock Paddles from your defibrillator charged and ready ?
Does it take Geritol ?
Tell us all what's the secret? Cause being that you can keep that old 360 working means your obviously one hell of a  xbox360mastertechsoftwareandhardwaregeniousguywithacygnosV2andkernelhackslikeamo
foyo
I can vouch for it.
Also if you guys release this stuff make sure to leave us a place or way to donate.
I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to donate to the development

Dra60nSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 05:24:00 AM »

I dont think the Free60 hack and this new hack are the same.. this one dont even need kingkong
i think this is a new bootloder...Thats probably why this hack works on all versions of xbox 360 consoles

And XBMC works on xbox 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
http://www.cygnos360.com/news.htm

This post has been edited by Dra60nSlayer: Aug 13 2009, 12:29 PM

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »

If you people want an XBMC that plays mkv why not just get a WD TV, it's only $100 and plays just about every format. I understand it would be free to do this with a hacked 360 but if it's important for you to have mkv playback why wait. A PS3 would be even better, that's what I use to watch movies with in my game room since the WD TV doesn't let me stream content from my pc.

GOVATENT

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

I AM SO HAPPY! I was starting to doubt xbmc would ever load on this thing. Now they are a step closer to doing so. The 360 sucks for high def content. It takes hours for me to convert high def content. Got to the point that I moved my PC to the high def tv in the living room cause the xbox was just useless.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(m82a1 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:41 AM) View Post

it sorta has to be, he needs an older 360 which has more of a chance to have an exploitable kernel.

Nobody's paying attention? The new hack they're referring to is possible on ANY Xbox 360 (which hasn't received the Summer '09 update).

This is also proven by the fact that with the old hack, you not only needed the obscure kernel that was exploitable, but you also needed a modified King Kong disc to exploit it *every time* (and the video shows it booting, straightaway)

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Aug 13 2009, 12:04 PM) View Post

There is just one more thing I have to ask
How did you manage to keep that old 360 from the dreaded RROD ?
Do you keep a pair of Shock Paddles from your defibrillator charged and ready ?
Does it take Geritol ?
Tell us all what's the secret? Cause being that you can keep that old 360 working means your obviously one hell of a xbox360mastertechsoftwareandhardwaregeniousguywithacygnosV2andkernelhackslikeamofoyo
I can vouch for it.
Also if you guys release this stuff make sure to leave us a place or way to donate.
I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to donate to the development

Take care of them, send to MS for refurb if they die (warranty withstanding), and a little luck wink.gif

Seriously, I know all Xbox 360s are crap, but that doesn't mean all the Xenons are dead (especially at the rate the repair centers are still pushing them out). Remember that the RRoD wasn't prevalent enough to warrant a recall.

QUOTE(pholly @ Aug 13 2009, 01:59 PM) View Post

If you people want an XBMC that plays mkv why not just get a WD TV, it's only $100 and plays just about every format. I understand it would be free to do this with a hacked 360 but if it's important for you to have mkv playback why wait. A PS3 would be even better, that's what I use to watch movies with in my game room since the WD TV doesn't let me stream content from my pc.

*Facepalm*
 This guy just doesn't get it....:smh:

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dra60nSlayer @ Aug 13 2009, 12:24 PM) View Post

I dont think the Free60 hack and this new hack are the same.. this one dont even need kingkong
i think this is a new bootloder...Thats probably why this hack works on all versions of xbox 360 consoles

And XBMC works on xbox 360 smile.gif
http://www.cygnos360.com/news.htm

This *is* the new hack that Free60 were talking about on the news page.

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:37 PM) View Post

*Facepalm*
 This guy just doesn't get it....:smh:

Oh, I get it. You people can say you want homebrew all you want but what you really want is a way to pirate games. You can get mad and say I'm lying but you know it's true. I'm sure there is a small percentage of people who really do just want homebrew but 99% of the people on this site just want something for nothing.

amexie

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Aug 13 2009, 02:00 PM) *

Oh, I get it. You people can say you want homebrew all you want but what you really want is a way to pirate games. You can get mad and say I'm lying but you know it's true. I'm sure there is a small percentage of people who really do just want homebrew but 99% of the people on this site just want something for nothing.

we have already got a way to pirate games
anyone that has ever used an xbox1 with xbmc thats what we want

yolarrydabomb

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Aug 13 2009, 10:00 AM) View Post

Pirate games LOL dude that feature been unlock for a long time. All we want is to custom our dashboard and boot up SNES and play Super Mario World on a 360!

Lecsi

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Aug 13 2009, 09:59 AM) View Post

I did that laugh.gif

Taken83oveR

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »

Do not get a WDTV. Get a NMT (Network Media Tank) instead, such as the Popcorn Hour, HDX-1000, etc.... I got a 2TB HDD in my HDX-1000. It serves as my movie box, torrent box, nzb box, pretty much everything besides being a pc.

But back on topic. I can't wait till we start seeing what will come of these hacks/exploits.

This post has been edited by Taken83oveR: Aug 13 2009, 03:39 PM

pezjono1986

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Aug 13 2009, 07:00 AM) *

Ha! Dude, WD TV is no where near the caliber a modded 360 could go to. Can you run Linux on the WD TV? Can you stream over LAN (without purchasing extra hardware and hacking the ROM and still not having it work like XBMC)? There has been a way to pirate games for free for almost 2 years now. Why do else do you think people are getting excited? Same with the Wii. Mod chips came out for it long before it was hacked, yet people were giddy when it was hacked knowing we could run Linux or MPlayer for it. I rarely play Wii games anymore, but I use MPlayer at least 3 times a week streaming over Wifi to a room across my house.

And who are you to judge "99%" of the people on this site? Oh I see, you must be that 1% who is just an angel and comes here for.... what are you here for anyways?

This post has been edited by pezjono1986: Aug 13 2009, 03:44 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10