xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced  (Read 348 times)

alexh

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »

Is there an XBOX 360 homebrew scene? If so I must have missed it (cos it is so small?)

Hack_Bird

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexh @ Jun 16 2009, 10:37 PM) View Post

Is there an XBOX 360 homebrew scene? If so I must have missed it (cos it is so small?)

Maybe after more peeps are going to downgrade and devolpe a way for easy booting own xbx...
 biggrin.gif  Will be happy to do some programming to.

Guily6669

• Recovered User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »

Grrr... nice, but still no damn bios...

We need is a 2nd bios that would let us take all the protections, SCREW U Hypervision (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Keep Cool

sowa99

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »

biggrin.gif Cool device

As far as I understand its just a extra NAND.. you can choose witch one to use.
So, u make 1 linux and the other for Live games.
or keep a backup of older dash while updating the other (With Resistor removed?!)

I think I still need an Timming attack device to get my keys
Able to dowgrade ONLY with keys
Downgraded on one nand and UNmodified on the other one for XLive.

rolleyes.gif Still handy device, ph34r.gif Stealth indeed posible
It would be cool device... Two years ago...

If you will solder it without downgrading, it won't work. You can't just make backup old dash and get new one. First because fuse is blown and Xbox will boot only with new kernel. If you would remove R3T6, you will get E80 after NXE update.  ph34r.gif

So you need to downgrade. And "Timing attack device" is allready on the Cygnos. It's just like mixed up Infectus and second NAND.

So, first, downgrade your box, and get CPU key. After, if you will upgrade your Primary NAND (with latest kernel) WITH R3T6 on place, you have to patch LDV on the secondary NAND (i.e. with 4532), and then it will work.

So, it's COMPLETLY not useful for Zephyr/Falcon/Jasper/Opus. Only for xenon

By the way,I'm testing someting like this cygnos, but it is open source and will be avalaible soon smile.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(sowa99 @ Jun 17 2009, 12:46 AM) View Post

It would be cool device... Two years ago...

If you will solder it without downgrading, it won't work. You can't just make backup old dash and get new one. First because fuse is blown and Xbox will boot only with new kernel. If you would remove R3T6, you will get E80 after NXE update.  ph34r.gif

Way to burst a buble, there tongue.gif

Curious? Is the device you're testing just as "useless" to non-xenon boards, or what?

thethinker360

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »

[quote name='HotKnife420' post='4497379' date='Jun 17 2009, 02:32 AM']
If you will solder it without downgrading, it won't work. You can't just make backup old dash and get new one. First because fuse is blown and Xbox will boot only with new kernel. If you would remove R3T6, you will get E80 after NXE update.
[/quote]

[quote
So, it's COMPLETLY not useful for Zephyr/Falcon/Jasper/Opus. Only for xenon
[/quote]

hi sowa,

sorry, but youre wrong here.

if you install it and dont donwgrade, that means you can still have 2 nands without any E80. thats because the intention on boards other than xenon is to use it as a protection mechanism.

i will explain to you:

A-NAND is your original NAND sitting on the mainboard. say it contains kernel version 1234.
B-NAND is on the cygnos360 V2, containing nothing

you install cygnos360 V2 on your non-xenon mainboard.
you plug it into your computer.
you dump A-NAND
you flash B-NAND with the content of A-NAND

status: you have exactly the same kernel (1234) on both NANDs, you can switch between them, both will boot fine, no LDV change.

you switch to B-NAND
you can play backups, mess around with discs, files, memory units, mods, whatever i dontknow... all data that would compromise what you are doing while being on B-NAND will be stored where? B-NAND, correct!

you switch to A-NAND and play originals...

NOW: one day later, you have to update your dashboard to kernel version 4321 because MS added support for natal and you allready bought one.

1) you switch to A-NAND (which is your online kernel)
2) you update your kernel to 4321 (your LDV will be increased so B-NAND will not boot anymore, which doesnt matter, because there is only data on it you never want MS to see anyway ;-) )
3) you switch to A-NAND
4) you dump it
5) you flash it to B-NAND

done

both will again boot fine, your nasty stuff that was on B is gone and you can start again to mess with stuff...

get it now?

This post has been edited by thethinker360: Jun 17 2009, 07:42 AM

sowa99

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 01:49:00 AM »

thethinker360, yes you're right, but I was talking about backuping old dashboard for something. The way you talking will of course work.

HotKnife420, it will be someting like cygons, so will be useful only for xenons. If you know how to soldering SMD, you can make the cygnos really really cheap smile.gif

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »

Awesome tool, I gotta pick 1 of those up, then again I've gotta get that Guinea pig xbox of mine working again too. and I'm gonna just check a few friends dead xbox's to see if they have a xenon. Just a quick question when u update does it clear all the "dirty" stuff out, if u have used your good kernel to go online?

.ISO

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(sowa99 @ Jun 17 2009, 12:49 AM) View Post

thethinker360, yes you're right, but I was talking about backuping old dashboard for something. The way you talking will of course work.

HotKnife420, it will be someting like cygons, so will be useful only for xenons. If you know how to soldering SMD, you can make the cygnos really really cheap smile.gif

I suppose you are that same guy that is doing the Xbox 360 Temperature monitor project with me on XBH?
Any news on it??  laugh.gif

Anyways, I am recieving a sample of this chip from the the Team that made this chip, and I will post some high res pictures once I recieves them

lllsondowlll

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

Hmm seems like its kind of a stealth precaution device, that's all its really good for in todays standards I mean if you want to boot single layer Xbox 1 backups with a non ixtreme firmware... But really I don't see the point with the stealth already provided with Ixtreme firmware anyway. As for tampering with memory storage very rarely is that of a threat to Xbox security and if you somehow modify game content its most likely only going to lend you a profile ban not a console ban so having two clone kernels are kind of pointless anyway... Other then that this chip is only useful for pre-NXE Xenon's and those are rare and dieing due to the RROD and those who aren't RROD already upgraded to NXE and the few left who did get a hold of Xenon pre-nxe already have infectus chips hooked up to them and its almost impossible now to find anyone with a non RROD pre-nxe xenon motherboard anyway. All in all doesn't seem like much use to the community until there is a decent way to get your cpu key without KK & xenon..

This post has been edited by lllsondowlll: Jun 18 2009, 12:48 PM

mr2000jp

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Jun 16 2009, 12:59 AM) View Post

sorry if this is completely stupid of me to ask, but would a chip like this allow you to get/send the info you need in order to un-ban a 360?

no . when your console is banned the serial number of your console is in the black list of microsoft servers , that it , so if you want to unban your console you have to change the serial, which is stored in your on board nand flash , which is a hard task and coasts much too, to do that you need to dump your nand and the nand of another console that is not banned and store the sn. of the unbanned in your flash , but you cant use the both consoles online at the same time ,
so its not even worth trying , the best solution to go online is to swap your console (the case only)with some one else that is not interested to go online . pop.gif

fatvince

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:00 AM »

So would this work on a Jasper? Could I use an exploitable NAND and put it on Slot B and have my good NAND on slot A?

I can has 360 homebrews now?

.ISO

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(fatvince @ Jun 21 2009, 03:24 AM) View Post

So would this work on a Jasper? Could I use an exploitable NAND and put it on Slot B and have my good NAND on slot A?

I can has 360 homebrews now?

No in case you are too dumb to read, ALL these features will only work on Xenon, dual nand will work on ALL console, however.

fatvince

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(.ISO @ Jun 22 2009, 07:44 AM) View Post

No in case you are too dumb to read, ALL these features will only work on Xenon, dual nand will work on ALL console, however.

If you can use a dual NAND and put an exploitable one on one of the banks in a Jasper, why would the features only work on a Xenon?

torne

• Archived User
Cygnos360 v2.0 Announced
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

The contents of the nand need to be encrypted for the console, there is no way to work out the right key for this without downgrading, and downgrading only works on Xenon.

When he says 'dual nand will work on Jasper' he literally means you can switch between two kernels that MS installed. You can't install anything modified in any way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4