xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cygnos360 Sample: High-Res Pictures  (Read 206 times)

• Archived User
Cygnos360 Sample: High-Res Pictures
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

That's pretty cool.
I wonder if this means we'll eventually start to see some homebrew for the 360 trickling through.
Better then the homebrew drought we've seen lately.
I'd love it if someone ported Mame to the 360 for example.
Yeah XBMC with the grunt of a 360 under the hood would be nice, but as someone said the 360 is quite different to the xbox1.  I wonder though they'd both be written in C++?  Wouldn't you just need a compiler for the 360?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(avatar1976 @ Feb 7 2009, 02:42 PM) View Post

That's pretty cool.
I wonder if this means we'll eventually start to see some homebrew for the 360 trickling through.
Better then the homebrew drought we've seen lately.
I'd love it if someone ported Mame to the 360 for example.
Yeah XBMC with the grunt of a 360 under the hood would be nice, but as someone said the 360 is quite different to the xbox1.  I wonder though they'd both be written in C++?  Wouldn't you just need a compiler for the 360?

I'll make this as clear as I possibly can for this and future similar questions.

THIS IS NOT A MODCHIP FOR THE 360.

In no way does this crack the heavy encryption that MS adopted for the 360.

Until this is achieved, you're not going to see ANY homebrew on the 360.

This chip is to run 2 different official kernels from the one box, without needing to reflash each time.

kcsims

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »

[/quote]
QUOTE(kcsims @ Feb 7 2009, 02:38 AM)
From what I read, they said this chip allows you to dual boot a pal/us combo. Does the same apply if I wanted a US/Jap system?

[quote name='caster420' date='Feb 7 2009, 02:52 PM' post='4429702']
Of course.  The HUGE note in this original post is that you MUST HAVE YOUR CPU KEY.  If you dont, this chip is useless to you.

Please excuse my complete ignorance on this, but can you point me to more information on this?  I have a US launch system, so I'm not really sure which CPU/kernel/etc I have.  If someone can just give me a pointer in the right direction to research.  Thanks.

red_aremer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

Homebrew will more likely be a pipe dream for us. Xbox360 has been out for at least 3 years without any success to break it's protection. You can thank your ex heroes like Bunny for this. We gotta live with the fact that is is a fucked up multimedia solution, just meant for games. I long to the glory days we had with Xbox1, but it doesn't look bright at all in the tunnel I am afraid.

thethinker360

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 03:38:00 AM »

i think one of the reasons why this exploit hasnt seen any new developments for a long time is because many people upgraded their consoles regularly and we lost the ability to execute it.

the exploit was only really public after Microsoft had allready "fixed" it. there were not many consoles that could be upgraded to 4532 and a downgrade was not possible anymore for a while.

now we could start to make it again more practical to get consoles with an additional kernel for teasing the exploit. i think there will not be any exploit in any of the future kernels that come out now. we have to peak the ones from the starting year. i looked up some websites and to me it seems that there are at least 10 million, if not 12 million consoles out there which CAN be downgraded. even if 30% died RROD and have replacement boards, that would still leave us with A LOT of downgradable consoles that we can play with. we have to get more people onto xboxes with exploitable kernel, otherwise we wont see any other exploit.

thats what i think

ImmortalAegis

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

A cracked or alternate firmware is needed. Now who wants to start?
Pages: 1 [2]