xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Error E80 After Nxe Update (r6t3 Removed)  (Read 72 times)

Arakon

• Archived User
System Error E80 After Nxe Update (r6t3 Removed)
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:31:00 AM »

yeah, you can restore. or you can simply put R6T3 back in and it will update to NXE.

gir

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

Id rather not burn any e-fuses if i can help it.
Im still holding out in hopes of doing something useful with an exploitable kernel.
I havent really been keeping up on all of this. Are e-fuses still an issue in that department?

mufsta

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

Burning and efuse or two is still of minimal consequence.  If you plan to go on live i would recommend replacing the original resistor with and 10 kohm resistor on a switch and use that only when necessary (when applying updates).  Another good option would be the Cygnos360 for dual booting a vulnerable kernel and the newest kernel.  With a config like this you could use two different kernels and patch the kv.bin if you know the cpu and 1bl keys.  If you don't have the cpu key you would have to be lucky enough to have a console that could have the timing hack applied.  It can be done its just a pain.  Personally I have a console with the newest dashboard and a 4352 on a xd card to boot the exploitable kernel and it boot linux just fine.

Oh and if you have a good dump from a previous dashboard you can flash that with the infectus and be up and running again.