OG Xbox Forums > Xbox Homebrew Software

Cant Load Media X Menu

(1/2) > >>

mpelavin:
I have installed MXM but cant get it to load.  It just freezes.  I'm running off of hard drive. Evox 1.8.2812. Here is my setup:

- MXM is loaded into f:\games\MXM
- Within the mxm directory I have the following:

the DefaultSkin subdirectory and all its files
mxm.xbe
default.xbe
mxm.xml

-The mxm.xml has the following contents:

<Config>
<Main>
<DiscTitle>DVD #26</DiscTitle>
<DiscSubtitle>Custom Collection</DiscSubtitle>
<Theme>1</Theme>
<TitleDelay>20</TitleDelay>
<SaverDelay>30</SaverDelay>
<MXMPath>f:\games\MXM</MXMPath>
<LoadSkin>DefaultSkin</LoadSkin>
<AllowAutoConfig>no</AllowAutoConfig>
</Main>

<Item_1>
<Title>gamename</Title>
<Description></Description>
<Media></Media>
<Dir>F:\games\gamename</Dir>
</Item_1>

<Music>
<UseMusic>on</UseMusic>
<Directory>MUSIC</Directory>
<Global>on</Global>
<Random>off</Random>
</Music>
</Config>

------------
Can anyone tell me why the mediaxmenu simply freezes on the load? I am not using mxm as the main dashboard, but am going to it form the evox menu.

Thanks for you help!

BenJeremy:
I already PM'ed your reply. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have a Media filename. Try putting a valid image filepath/name there and see if that works.

Weavus:
Its the lack of description that is making it freeze. It does it to me so I have to have at least one item with a description. Set it to a space if you dont want any descriptions.

I reported this bug a couple of weeks ago ;)

BenJeremy:
QUOTE (Weavus @ Dec 11 2002, 12:15 PM)Its the lack of description that is making it freeze. It does it to me so I have to have at least one item with a description. Set it to a space if you dont want any descriptions.

I reported this bug a couple of weeks ago
                                    Well, I believe I fixed that some weeks ago, too... but it wouldn't hurt to put a description in.

I'm at work now, but I'll try and get back to mpelavin after testing his files once I get home.

If there is something in the config files that might cause it to lock up, I'd like to find out and fix it.

mpelavin:
Yes, the lack of a description was the problem.  It works now.  Thanks very much for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version