xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Progressive Scan Bios  (Read 89 times)

prplehz

• Archived User
Progressive Scan Bios
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

Is there any bios out there that will work in 480P or better for HD Tvs?  Thanks in advance.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Progressive Scan Bios
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

HD is not a function of the bios.  You enable it in the MS dash, use a HD cable, and it works.

prplehz

• Archived User
Progressive Scan Bios
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

Well what I mean then, is there a bios that will out put in 480p or higher?  Because every bios I have tried has only output 480i.  So since I normaly watch tv in progressive when I use my xbox, my tv switches over to 480i just for the bios part. Then it switches back to progressive just before the dash loads. This is very annoying. So maybe I should be asking is there a way to get the xbox to be in 480p or higher from the very start.  I think I will try the ind vga bios. I just don't much like having to have a file on the hd. I don't think you can inject the indvga bios so I would have no choice. But it's a fair trade off if it works.  Any one know if it will work before I go through the trouble of making a new bios, lol.. Feeling lazy at the moment... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping.gif)

This post has been edited by prplehz: Dec 17 2005, 06:46 AM

sarcoptic

• Archived User
Progressive Scan Bios
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

The iND series of bios support progressive scan.  I currently am running iND 5003.  With progressive scan you can see the flubber animation leading up to your particular dashboard

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Progressive Scan Bios
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:55:00 AM »

the ind-bios range is WAY better than any other bios .. buy far
even the xecuter2/3 .. plus its ALWAYS been 256k (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .. and having the ability to inject config files !

its just a shame that it was'nt truly finished off ..
(1.6, and bug free which i spose does'nt 'sound' much)

Mick ...