xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: InFeCtuS Modchip Adds Xbox360 Flash Mem. Access  (Read 365 times)

kneehighspy

• Archived User
InFeCtuS Modchip Adds Xbox360 Flash Mem. Access
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(ModderFokker @ Apr 3 2007, 10:36 PM) View Post

So looking at the picture youll need to solder 16 wires ?  cool.gif

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »

Is nobody else skeptical of this?

People have been trying to dump the NAND for a good time now.  You can't even use a Willem to dump it, but this chip can?  That is fairly weird to me.  A Willem programmer can dump a good amount of chips, it's a very generic solution and rarely does it not work with a chip.  Previous to this chip, the ONLY solutions for dumping the NAND were very expensive programmers (like $3,000) or this LPC 2148.

I don't think they would come out and purposely lie, but perhaps they dumped *something* that wasn't really the Xbox 360 kernel?

I don't know, it just seems a little skeptical to me.  In their previous thread they used the top (harder) installation points, they failed to mention the efuse at all, basically just made themselves look kind of stupid.  I don't know, I'm definitely waiting for somebody else to get their hands on it first.  (Msg me Geebee if you get yours dumped, I'm interested in this for a dual kernel mod)

Would definitely be a good thing, I just find it hard to believe that this chip wasn't even made for this purpose and it can dump the NAND, when Willems or other programmers can't.

Cpas

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »

The mod is already selling for 39 euro , and i just buyed one that should arrive soon since i would like to test some things (if it work nice). For this price i think its nice to be able to backup our bios and/or update our bios after this if wanted. Time will say if i made the good choice to test this smile.gif

monkeyflungpoo

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

Those look like very nice points that almost anyone can solder. The only problem I can see people doing is the one solder point on the cap, people will use a higher watt iron and slice that cap off.

jxoxn21

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

I agree with Textbook.  pop.gif  Curiously waiting though...

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cpas @ Apr 4 2007, 02:24 AM) View Post

The mod is already selling for 39 euro , and i just buyed one that should arrive soon since i would like to test some things (if it work nice). For this price i think its nice to be able to backup our bios and/or update our bios after this if wanted. Time will say if i made the good choice to test this smile.gif

A true pioneer

Testing the water trying to craft new possibilities for everyone

Praise for the good Karma and nice work

-cheers  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

The few working on these huge breakthroughs have made some amazing work so far.

I never believed it would come this far. I'm still jadedly skeptical of a HOAX after all we've seen.

(If it's an "April Fools" joke it is a low blow in very bad taste. The creators would be loathed for a very long time as tactless, humorless douches.)

Although true experts are proving things possible every day, and I may have to put my foot in my mouth.

I hope this pans out, or InFeCtuS got some 'splainin to do. (And would forever be remembered as worthless bitches)

I HOPE to dream of a (not too) distant future with linux, XBMC and emulators running at full, stable 360 speed.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »

I could handle 16 wires, especially ones that large. With the ring of death fixes being discovered it's turning into a bright future for the 360 smile.gif

Textbook, from what I read, I don't think it's dumping the chip, just patching it on the fly.

and then I watched the youtube video... lol my bad.

Helliano

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »

As textbook described i found this very unresonable in the beginning. But i gotta say... after that movie showing the code im not so sure this is fake or something like that.

XLNC

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

So what's the outlook for the near 6 million Xbox live users who have the 4552 kernal, will we be able to some how get the old kernal working on our consoles?

Still great work, hopefully this works out for us lot with the 4552 kernals.

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(XLNC @ Apr 4 2007, 10:21 AM) View Post
So what's the outlook for the near 6 million Xbox live users who have the 4552 kernal, will we be able to some how get the old kernal working on our consoles?

Still great work, hopefully this works out for us lot with the 4552 kernals.

There is no hope right now, not until a new exploit is found.  Since sections of the NAND are encrypted with a per-box key, it will have to be a fairly major breakthrough to have an older kernel working unless you have a dump of it and have removed r6t3.  At that point, you probably wont need an older kernel anyways.  wink.gif

QUOTE(gamehunter101 @ Apr 3 2007, 11:52 PM) View Post
this will be awesome if its real,finally homebrew on the 360

I dont think you understand.  This changes nothing from what is already available.  You still need an exploitable kernel and if you have upgraded to 4552, you can't corrupt the upgrade patch's to downgrade the kernel, not to mention the eFuse that was blown if you didnt disable the eFuse power supply.  Thus, nothing has changed except making a relatively inexpensive programmer available, which could already be done at a resonable cost (~$60 and some soldering).  

I want to hear more information about their "patch on the fly" theory...

Caster.

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cpas @ Apr 3 2007, 09:24 PM) View Post

Cpas, hope you get the right one... just reading the post on the main page...

"Tomorrow a new version of the PROGRAMMER will be released with the new options to manage the NAND X360 FLASH."

Caster.

Cpas

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

First DIAGRAM is online today!
Tomorrow the new version of the PR468xOGRAMMER with the new options inside that will make you able to manage the NAND X360 FLASH.

Arent they talking about the software ? If not it wont be cool for me lol ...

Cpas

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

Yes theire website is really strange,bad documented and they talk english like me. This don't deserve them ...

infectus

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

ALL UPDATES, ALL FUNCTIONALITIES, ALL NEW FEATURES WILL WORK ON ONLY ONE HARDWARE... THE INFECTUS BOARD...

So if you buy an INFECTUS all the improve, all new features will be avaiable for ALL have in the hand an INFECTUS.

Probably you didn't understand the PROJECT, INFECTUS will be made to be 100% reprogrammable.

Right now the MODCHIP is avaiable from www.hardstore.com, www.heo.de, www.gamefreax.de, www.freakware.de, and all can buy it NOW and test all the functionalities.

All the features are REAL not FAKE, and xbox scene have one mod in the hand, when tomorrow will be online the new PROGRAMMER (software) I suggest them to start the installation on a X360 to do a review of NAND FLASHER! wink.gif

BYE FOR NOW GUYS
INFECTUS TEAM

Cpas

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

Thanks for the anwsers.
well, you should have send me one it would be tested tongue.gif
I buyed one from hardstore.com it should be here in a very few days like always with us so i will let you know how its going.
Pages: 1 [2] 3