xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Check Blown Efuse?  (Read 230 times)

NinJa9000

• Archived User
How To Check Blown Efuse?
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »

Is there any way to check for the blown eFuses? I'm not thinking about dashboard versions but a way to check through reading the NAND or something like that. Perhaps getting a certain error when trying to use JTAG?

Best regards

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »

If you have your CPU key to decrypt the NAND you can see when the LDV changes.

NinJa9000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »

Ok. Thanks man.

In this case it doesn´t help much because I don´ have the CPU key and can´t get it. I have access to af lot of banned boxes with dash 8955 and I wanted to test if the eFuses is blown in all of them. Just to see, if there were a case of a dash 8955 without a blown eFuse. I know it is properly a waste of time but I would like to know for sure.

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(NinJa9000 @ Jan 29 2010, 12:13 PM) View Post

Ok. Thanks man.

In this case it doesn´t help much because I don´ have the CPU key and can´t get it. I have access to af lot of banned boxes with dash 8955 and I wanted to test if the eFuses is blown in all of them. Just to see, if there were a case of a dash 8955 without a blown eFuse. I know it is properly a waste of time but I would like to know for sure.

If they are all updated to an 8XXX dash then the Efuse is blown on them all.

NinJa9000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »

Yes I know that. But I also know that it is due to a software update and software is not always 100% reliable. That´s why I am looking for another way to test it without seeing at the software version. Or one who can explain to me why it is 100% sure they are blown when using 8955.  smile.gif I´m nok looking for a magic way to fix it.  biggrin.gif

RRODXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(NinJa9000 @ Jan 30 2010, 06:19 PM) View Post

Yes I know that. But I also know that it is due to a software update and software is not always 100% reliable. That´s why I am looking for another way to test it without seeing at the software version. Or one who can explain to me why it is 100% sure they are blown when using 8955.  smile.gif I´m nok looking for a magic way to fix it.  biggrin.gif

Trust me, if the dash somehow got updated to 8xxx without blowing an efuse, the console would not boot.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the workings of the kernel but I do know there is a "is eFuse blown?" check in the update process. Much like the check that causes E80 if you update Blades dash to NXE with r6t3 removed,