xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Christmas Lights.  (Read 232 times)

Misterturtle

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »

I just followed http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry4587836

to install xbr to my nand. I have 2 perfect dumps, they were identical. There were no bad blocks. The cb was 1903.

I downloaded XBR_Xenon_1921_8955_1.bin from xbins.

I did nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1

then nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1

then nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin

No errors, and it finished. I hooked it up to my tv turned it on, and after 10-15 seconds it has alternating red and green lights.

1 and 2 are green, 3 and 4 are red, then 3 and 4 are green and 1 and 2 are red.

What does this mean? What did i do wrong?

Edit: Booted up xell and it loaded up but had an error at the end and says that my key vault is not valid. I thought to get the key vault you just do

nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1

am i wrong in this assumption? If so, how do i inject the keyvault into XBR to flash? Should i use something like bincrypt? If so, how do i inject the keyvault with bincrypt?

This post has been edited by Misterturtle: Dec 11 2009, 08:24 AM

farmboynick

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Misterturtle @ Dec 11 2009, 06:19 PM) View Post

I just followed http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4587836

to install xbr to my nand. I have 2 perfect dumps, they were identical. There were no bad blocks. The cb was 1903.

I downloaded XBR_Xenon_1921_8955_1.bin from xbins.

I did nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1

then nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin

No errors, and it finished. I hooked it up to my tv turned it on, and after 10-15 seconds it has alternating red and green lights.

1 and 2 are green, 3 and 4 are red, then 3 and 4 are green and 1 and 2 are red.

What does this mean? What did i do wrong?
Edit: Booted up xell and it loaded up but had an error at the end and says that my key vault is not valid. I thought to get the key vault you just do

nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1

am i wrong in this assumption? If so, how do i inject the keyvault into XBR to flash? Should i use something like bincrypt? If so, how do i inject the keyvault with bincrypt?

i have found it better to inject the rawkv.bin and the config.bin into the nand chip after you have flashed it with an untouched xbr.bin instead if injecting them into the xbr.bin file, it works for me and there has been no xmas lights since i started doing it this way + always use the newest version of nandpro

farmboynick

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

oops double replied

This post has been edited by farmboynick: Dec 12 2009, 05:57 AM

ddxcb

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

here is ur misstake u flash the KV then u flash XBR which remove the kv just flash the kv again.

rastaman108037

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »

Yeah, Christmas lights is a problem with the keyvault. I found it is easiest to do it in this order

After dumping the nand:

-Erase: (nandpro lpt: -e16)
-write UNPATCHED xbr (nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin)
-Read what you just wrote (nandpro lpt: -r16 xbr2.bin)
-Compare xbr2.bin against the original xbr.bin to see if you had any write errors
-write rawkv.bin (nandpro lpt: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1)
-unplug power for ten-ish minutes
-enjoy

The settings file is only needed if you are not in the NTSC region.

HippyG

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »

I had Christmas Lights. I tried for 11 hours trying different combinations of flashing then I just downloaded the latest version on nandpro (2b or something) and it worked wonderfully.

maximilian0017

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Misterturtle @ Dec 11 2009, 08:19 AM) View Post

You probably only needed to remove the powersupply for a few minutes.

Try the following:
1. Extract Keyvault and Config block using Nandpro2.0b
2. Insert Keyvault and Config block into the appropriate XBR version using Nandpro2.0b
3. Flash your newly made XBR version
4. Read back the NAND and compare with the file you flashed (to make sure you flashed correctly)
5. Remove the powerconnector for 5 min
6. Reconnect power and power on!!

The problem lies(at least with my xbox) that the SMC firmware is also changed, but the SMC needs to restart and this is only done when the power is removed and reapplied.

crash_2012

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Dec 12 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post

Yeah, Christmas lights is a problem with the keyvault. I found it is easiest to do it in this order

After dumping the nand:

-Erase: (nandpro lpt: -e16)
-write UNPATCHED xbr (nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin)
-Read what you just wrote (nandpro lpt: -r16 xbr2.bin)
-Compare xbr2.bin against the original xbr.bin to see if you had any write errors
-write rawkv.bin (nandpro lpt: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1)
-unplug power for ten-ish minutes
-enjoy

The settings file is only needed if you are not in the NTSC region.

would this help if my console is freezing during some xbla games??  im having problems with shadow complex, splosion man, l4d2 freezes after a while of playing.

any of you who used the method i quoted have problems with games freezing??

TinkeringAndTampering

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »

Sorry if I'm a little off-topic, but I got a 360 from a guy who admitted he was dumb enough to send his drive-hacked 360 in for rrod repair. They sent it back to him with a Christmas lights error, just as described above. I figured that's how the testing station notifies the tech that the firmware is hacked, and they just pulled it off the line and boxed it up without clearing the error. My question is, assuming the kernel is 7xxxx, would a Cygnos or anything else be able to repair this box? Or is it too late?

crash_2012

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »

they dont have a method for testing for for hacked drives.  a friend of mine sent his in, it came back working, and the drive was still hacked.  if his warranty seal was tampered with, or something inside looked fishy to the tech, then just box it up, and send it back with no repair performed.  they should also flag his console so that he wont be able to be sent back in for repair.  pull the secondary code, and see what it is.  if its fixable, try a red ring fix.  a cygnos would do nothing to repair the console.

TinkeringAndTampering

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »

Wait, actually I'm wrong. He had a stuck tray sammy and wanted them to fix it. There was no red ring, and christmas lights didn't happen until after he received it back. The question still remains, should I advise him to buy a cygnos?

rastaman108037

• Archived User
Christmas Lights.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(TinkeringAndTampering @ Dec 25 2009, 01:02 AM) View Post

Wait, actually I'm wrong. He had a stuck tray sammy and wanted them to fix it. There was no red ring, and christmas lights didn't happen until after he received it back. The question still remains, should I advise him to buy a cygnos?

Christmas lights I thought indicated a problem with the keyvault. My console did that when I screwed up flashing the keyvault.

If that's what is wrong then buying a cygnos wont help him. Are you sure he sent it in to an M$ repair station? This doesn't sound like something that would happen during normal operating procedures...