xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bit Of A Problem  (Read 218 times)

Swiftblade

• Archived User
Bit Of A Problem
« on: February 07, 2009, 03:42:00 AM »

I've been trying to fix a 360 that has the RRoD, but I've been failing pretty hard. I tried the Team Xecuter RRoD fix, and that lasted for all of 10 minutes. I think the GPU might be fried... Is that possible? And if so, will replacing it fix the problem?

gimpydingo

• Archived User
Bit Of A Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

Did you try lawdawgs fix? The biggest issue I see is people not cleaning the thermal paste off completely. Make sure to use some artic remover or goo gone (make sure to scrub the chips of all the goo gone if you use this method). Then apply a thin layer of thermal paste back on the chips. I say leave out the washers/spacers and just screw the heat sinks directly. I finger tightened all the screws to make sure the heat sinks were level, then covered the unit loosely with the top of the 360 (fan unplugged). Let it bake for 5 mintues (or about a 1 -2 mintues after you get the two lights. Take the lid off, let the unit cool (or put a fan on it) for a good 20 - 30 mintues. Then use a screw driver to barely tighted the screws again. You should be good.

sim_b_uk

• Archived User
Bit Of A Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

i had the same problem with my 360 and the rrod cleaned off old paste from gpu and cpu applied new paste and x-clamp put 360 back in case and within 10 mins rrod so i took case off my 360 and just left it in metal case and it hasent rrod me yet and that was three months ago my daughter plays on it for hours with  no problems stupid design no air going through console try and strip ur console down and run it with out the plastic shitty case  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Neverend

• Archived User
Bit Of A Problem
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »

Try with heatgun. i had a xbox with rrod error code 0022, and after x clamps fix, still not work, so i've try heatgun and it works fine since 1 month biggrin.gif