xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Use An Official Hd On Pc And Restore It To Use On X360 Again?  (Read 98 times)

tisurame

• Archived User

I'm using an official 250gb hard drive  (from the Modern Warfare 2 limited edition) and recently I noticed that running installed games from the HDD became much slower than running directly from the DVD. For example, one scene takes 15 seconds to load from the DVD, and the same scene takes more than 40 seconds to load from the hard drive.

This issue happens with all games (even with more recent games). I already formatted the drive, but nothing changed.

I was thinking about connecting this HDD to my PC, delete the X360 partition, format to NTFS or FAT32 and try to use a disk scanner to find if this HDD is damaged or not. But I would like to know if I could restore the X360 partition later and use this HDD again on my Xbox. Is it possible? How?

Thanks.

de_structr

• Archived User
How To Use An Official Hd On Pc And Restore It To Use On X360 Again?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:56:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=699024

I got power from power connector though. You can use the mosfets but it was easier for me to get a good solder bond at the connector pads...

nevermind I just misread your post

Just reformat with xbox (after you're done fucking with it on PC) and then restore everything like normal

This post has been edited by de_structr: Yesterday, 12:59 AM