xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Anyone Had Any Luck With Hddhackr 1.11?  (Read 39 times)

AmIdYfReAk

• Archived User
Has Anyone Had Any Luck With Hddhackr 1.11?
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »

Alright, Considering no one has really chimed in with this, i'll assume that no one knows..

but i went forward with it, and I'll be as specific as i can so people can take something from my experience.

The hardware i used:

Asus P5GD1, ran the SATA in Enhanced legacy mode.
booted off of a Windows 98 SE boot disk/floppy, the USB keys didn't seem to get along well.
WD1200BEVS-00vat0
Hddhackr .91 and 1.11 Build 20090701

The steps that i took:

powered the computer up, with nothing else connected other then the hardware listed above and the harddrive plugged into sata port #1.

loaded up hddhackr 1.11 in auto mode, and followed through the steps and "flashed" the drive, and made the partitions for 0/2/3.

Powered down the system and waited ~10 seconds  

Powered it back on, Entered the bios to verify that the flash didnt work. Check!

Booted the floppy again, loaded Hddhackr .91 with the -f extension/command.
Followed the on screen prompts and shut the computer down.

After the 10 second wait, booted the computer to the bios to see if the flash worked, and yes! it was detecting as a Fujitsu.

Powered down the computer and placed it in the Xbox 360 Sled moved it to the console, booted and formatted the drive.

And this is as far as i've gotten thus far.
Xplorer360 as well as the 360 are getting along with the drive  ( seeing partition 0/2/3 ), but I'm unable to transfer the files without errors or it simply not working.
Honestly, i've grown tired of the Xplorer360 errors, I'm going to see if i can borrow a memory card for the time being and manually move my profile and saves from my 20gig.

Hopefully this is able to help someone else out.