xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any Other Bios For 1.6 Xbox?  (Read 195 times)

Kafluke

• Archived User
Any Other Bios For 1.6 Xbox?
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

Is there any other BIOS I can use instead of the M8 1.6

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

nope, your wonderful team X made a chip that they dont support 1.6 for =/

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

Does that mean that I'm limitied to installing evox only?  Or can I install avalaunch if I want?

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

The bios has nothing to do with what applications/dashes you can use.

The new X2 bios will support 1.6 consoles when it comes out. For now, use EvoX M8_16.

smokeingit, are you suggesting X-Ecuter shouldn't have released a chip that supports the 1.6 console simply because they don't have their own bios out that supports it? That makes no sense to me... Why make us wait until their 1.6 bios is out...  dry.gif

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

will I be able to customize the new x2 bios?

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

The latest changelogs for the X2 Bios states that it will not be encrypted like 4983 (so you can use it with XBTool)...  beerchug.gif

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

all i am saying is that they have not make a bios for the 1.6, evox made it months ago... what the issue? they knew they were going to release a 2.6, also for the x3. i speak the truth flame me for it  laugh.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

all i am saying is that they have not make a bios for the 1.6, evox made it months ago... what the issue? they knew they were going to release a 2.6, also for the x3. i speak the truth flame me for it

Well, you are missing the critical difference between the (2) teams, in terms of the bios.

EvoX releases a HACKED version of the MS Bios. That is why they got it out so quick. They simply dump the MS Bios from a 1.6, apply their hacks, and they are done.

X-Ecuter does not do that. Their bios is a lot more complex than that. They do a lot more than just hack the MS Bios, including tons of original coding.

As EvoX had already released the "hacked" 1.6 bios, why would X-Ecuter do the same? That wouldn't make sense. Instead they will take their time and deliver us yet another outstanding X2 Bios, this time with 1.6 support  wink.gif

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

got it

This post has been edited by smokeingit on Oct 15 2004, 06:05 AM

awsmsteve

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

I'm really lost.  I'm trying to get Avalaunch to run on my 1.6 version xbox.  I've got the m8_16 evox bios installed.  However, I cannot get the avalaunch to run unless I rename it to xboxdash.xbe.  For obvious reasons, I do not want to do this.  I cannot get XBtool to even OPEN this file, much less edit it.  Is there any way I can get the m8_16 bios to run something other than xboxdash.xbe???  Thanks a lot for the help -- I've looked for hours.   :blink:

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 03:41:00 AM »

I cannot get XBtool to even OPEN this file, much less edit it. Is there any way I can get the m8_16 bios to run something other than xboxdash.xbe???

The answer is no.  Thats really what this thread is about.  I was looking for an alternative to the hacked ms bios by evox because you can't modify this bios.  So until xecuter releases their bios you are stuck with using "xboxdash.xbe" for loading your dashboard.  There is no way around this

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kafluke @ Oct 15 2004, 09:41 AM)

The answer is no.  Thats really what this thread is about.  I was looking for an alternative to the hacked ms bios by evox because you can't modify this bios.  So until xecuter releases their bios you are stuck with using "xboxdash.xbe" for loading your dashboard.  There is no way around this

LMAO. You clearly dont know what the hell you're talking about Kafluke.

awsmsteve, xbtool wont edit the M8 BIOS. Evtool however will edit the M8 BIOS though.  wink.gif

Download it HERE.

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

LMAO. You clearly dont know what the hell you're talking about Kafluke.

Yeah, I know.... he he.  I found that program after I posted last night.  I'm glad that its available.  Sorry, showing my noobness again!

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

if you want it to load avalanch you have to rename it to evoxdash.xbe not xboxdash.xbe
that is the boot order.

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

Actually thats not true either.  Like Morglum said, if you use EVtool you can change the boot order too.  EVTool is exactly like xbtool but for the evox bios's
Pages: [1] 2