xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Pcmcia Sata Bus Works Perect!  (Read 493 times)

romanster

• Archived User
Pcmcia Sata Bus Works Perect!
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

There's a bunch of these PCMCIA cards on ebay, with BC198 written on the label..

This one says it's powered by a VIA VT6421 RAID chipset. Does anyone have any experience with them? IF they are indeed the ones, a price sort shows them for less than $10 shipped.

Can anyone confirm this? I'll probably just go ahead and buy it anyway. I've already got a v6421 PCI card, but I'd rather be able to flash the dvd drives from my laptop.

cmobass

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

hey romanster please let me know if the card works. It looks promising I just got another 360 (w/ Benq) and cant wait to try out a pcmia card in my dell vostro

topgunffx

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

i ordered the same one romanster ordered, will elt u know when i recieve it what happens

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »

Hey guys thanks for taking time out to become testers for various drives as this is the only way to find out what drives work with PCMCIA Sata cards for Laptops. I believe that the Benq can be flashed with JF 1.67 with a laptop if I'm not mistaken. I have seen other posts which confirms that they have indeed flashed their drive with that combination of devices. Please post your findings and share that info with all of the Scene.

QUOTE(romanster @ Nov 23 2009, 11:01 PM) View Post

There's a bunch of these PCMCIA cards on ebay, with BC198 written on the label..

This one says it's powered by a VIA VT6421 RAID chipset. Does anyone have any experience with them? IF they are indeed the ones, a price sort shows them for less than $10 shipped.

Can anyone confirm this? I'll probably just go ahead and buy it anyway. I've already got a v6421 PCI card, but I'd rather be able to flash the dvd drives from my laptop.

Hey if it states that it is definitely a Via6421 card then I'd purchase this card. Remember that the Silicon Valley has the 3112 chipset that is compatible also.

killahkyle

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »

i have a dell studio 17 and i was wondering if a usb to sata cable would work. im not sure of which pcmcia card to get.

Beren

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »

wondering if anyone tried to flash liteon drive connecting to a e-sata port....
i've a fujitsu laptop with amd 780g chipset and e-sata port
and most important, is possible to check if i'll be able to flash just connecting the drive to latop before make the solder work on it? thx smile.gif

teamskene's

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(romanster @ Nov 23 2009, 05:01 PM) View Post

Flashed my Hitachi 78 with one of these cards on my Toshiba Tecra using jungleflasher

topgunffx

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Beren @ Dec 4 2009, 04:46 AM) View Post

wondering if anyone tried to flash liteon drive connecting to a e-sata port....
i've a fujitsu laptop with amd 780g chipset and e-sata port
and most important, is possible to check if i'll be able to flash just connecting the drive to latop before make the solder work on it? thx smile.gif

the esata port should work if you have a nforce motherboard, my esata wouldn't work because my mobo isn't nforce... so im jsut waiting for my pcmcia card to come in the mail, hate being stationed overseas it takes like atleast a month to get mail
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]