xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: New Ideas For BIOS Hacks  (Read 3763 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

My idea was crap. Now it's Windows CE working and booting like a normal app. I'm dum. The web browser has been done. Though weres the keyboard support?

quall

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »

hmm, a tool that can change the color of the boot animation. I know this had been in developement a while ago, but i don't think a program was ever released.

king228

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

XBOX LIVE TYPE server built into the bios SO that system link game and if possible later that HACKED MULTIPLAYER GAME Without system link will beable to have a server base system already placed in the bios.

i don't know if that how bios work.. but it's an idea.

for example

a server that will host maddean game by making the xbox think that the second player is in the same home when it really is over a network.

there doesn't even have to be a server or a game hack problay just a config thing were the "port" will be able to be "remotely controlled"

ANYONE GET WERE I AM GOING

sry imma not a programmer

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

Kind of get you, but your english is much to be desired. It's been thought of before, however, and there's a pinned thread to post your ideas for new BIOS features.

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

perhaps we could set up some sort of prize system, and everytime a new, much desired hack is developed the individual or team responsible would win a prize from the pool

liek the first bios to prevent unwanted NIC usage

or the first FTPO daemon to run in the background of another xbe (IE MS dash or while playing a game)

maybe im just dreaming here, lol

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »

i think he wants a tunneling prgram built into the bios

Exobex

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »

Such as, for example, a hacked Live that points to an alternative server (or reads its address from, for example, c:xboxlive.cfg).  The server would have to behave just like the M$ one, but without the "you've modded your Xbox, so piss off" bits!

HeLiuM

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2003, 03:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (desertboy @ Sep 21 2003, 10:37 PM)
Surprised no one has said it but a legal homebrew bios (at least legal in europe) that boot original software and homebrew.

More likely to be implemented into xbtool.

Ability to play a video off the HD for boot up sequence instead of imbedded in bios.

Ability to turn the network port on and off, so live users can let siblings use their chipped xbox's without worrying about their younger brother getting them banned.

homebrew is still in the same language as regular xbox files, so if you had support for homebrew you'd have support for original files.  that would mean reconstructing the whole kernel

to the win2k guy, this kernel is extremely stripped down! as far as win2k is concerned it might as well be a television v-chip bios

to the fake xbox live guy, any attempt at this would get attacked by MS. look in the xbox live forum, its been suggested a million times before

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

A bios that lets you change setup parameters, format any partitions without the use of software, change the fan speed, and access the hard drive

SniperKilla

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2003, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Terrorbyte @ Aug 25 2003, 08:27 PM)
It would be cool if a future hacked BIOS could turn my XBOX into a grill or microwave -- make grilled cheese sandwiches or pizza logs for a quick snack.  

No, but seriously, how about a future BIOS that didn't cause an application or game to freeze when the network cable is plugged in (especially when you have SMB/file servers sitting on your LAN or a router sending multicasts/broadcasts causing SOME XBOX apps, games, and emulators to freeze on load)?  I just want convenience.

hey! we already can do that, just turn the fan speed to 0 for the bios, and leave the xbox on for a while, youll be grilling in no time!

alg5

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

laugh.gif

XBGuy

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2003, 03:52:00 AM »

Hello, first off huge thanks to all those involved in the "scene". I was by no means computer literate before I owned an xbox...Over the past year and a half..lets just say I feel I've learned alot..Thanks again all!!!

Also I'm sure the following has been mentioned somewhere, sometime, by someone, but these forums though great are so full of info you'll spend months trying to make sure no one has posted what you are about to say...

Now, the recently added built in ftp server was a great idea...even with a few of the bugs I liked it...I managed to use it to fix a few xbox's...However, I have come across one that for whatever reason will not allow me to connect to the built in ftp...I believe it has something to do with either this particular xbox I'm having trouble with was not modded before it got it's error 21...Anyway if the bios ftp server is using the eeprom or memory of some sort on the xbox then that is why I am unable to connect to the xbox with this ftp server...My idea (if possible) would be to make this a completely stand alone built in app, using nothing but the chips memory to run...I realize this may make the bios image bigger then the desired 256k at this point, but hey we're already headed there now...Anyone that's been following this stuff has switched mod chips at least once...I know I started out with the enigmah which in the begining was a decent chip but soon became out of date, and not quite up to par...If this is a possible thing it would be great!!! If it's not then on with the bios made to boot directly to dvd...but I would like to see these bios built by one of the teams and not a bios hacked with xbtool...no disrespect to the authors of xbtool, cuz it's great too, but sometimes the boot partitions don't seem to work right for me. If the bios was designed to force a dvd boot then all hd problems would be basically over...Sorry this post ended up getting so long, at times alittle off the subject, but thought maybe if I give reasons for what I would like to see, it might help...Just an idea, thanks for listening!!

ChrisF

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »

I know myself and more than a few others would appreciate a bios that outputs in 480p.  Don't know if it's been said before but it would be a great addition to xboxtool.

dmack_901

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

I think there should be a sort of "password". What I mean in when it loads the bios certian buttons have to be held or it will just power back off. I dont think that would be too hard. 4978.3  already checks for buttons being held.

Even better would be instead of turning off have it pretend a FRAG. But thats probably not posible. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

jaysoccer7c

• Archived User
New Ideas For BIOS Hacks
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

i dont know where else to put this but
fyi: if you modify your bios w/ xbtools and change the led color, and are installing a new hdd, u will get error 13....i am installing on my cousins and one switch has red led the other not changed.  i am using boot cd and get error 13 on the modified led color bios but not the other.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17