xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Use Any Sata Hd With Xbox360  (Read 158 times)

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
Use Any Sata Hd With Xbox360
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

As far as I knew, the only thing you could do with that is use it as storage for media, and not like a fully operational 360 HDD.

I might be wrong, so if anybody has the facts, I'm interested in the answer as well.

JoHnnyTK36

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

You can not.

I bought a regualr hitchia Hd, as close to my 360's as possible. I traded Boards between them, thinking maybe they used sometihng specaial. Nope that didnt work. I even opened both drives up all the way to see if anything was different. I found only one thing. It looked like a part was turned around.

Angerwound explained to me that there is a specail code in the header of the HD disk that tells the 360 if it is a real 360 drive or not. SO no go there.

BY the way, if any body wants the 2 drives, PM me and i will sell them for cheap, since they dont work, but it is a good way to compare the different drives.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(XboxFAN33 @ Feb 23 2006, 04:01 AM) View Post

If I understand correctly from this forum and free60.org, all I need to do to use any SATA hard drive with the 360 is to place the serial #, M$ .png, and model info in the header of the new HD. Then, the 360 will format the drive, correct?

No.  See here.

XboxFAN33

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

I was making my assumptions based on post#6 from BlueCop on this thread. I now see the reply by Pedros questioning his theory. Since no one knows for sure, is it worth trying to replace the header information, and if so, how is that done?