xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Security Sectors And Iso's  (Read 82 times)

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
Security Sectors And Iso's
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

Okay this is all very good but i see that this isnt looking to convienent. Now before i say what i will i ain't starting a piracy arguement.

Okay to summarize the hack you flash your drive, then you have to reflash it so you can get the security sectors off the discs. grr.gif

I dont know about you guys but every time i want to back up a new game i buy i dont want to have to open my 360, open my pc, reflash the drive, get the SS, relfahs back to hacked firmware, then close pc, close 360.

I dont want a half an hour operation just to backup the games i own.

Now i see a shortcut here aslong as i undersatnd the SS's.

Now i dont want to go through all the hassle of backing up my games cause it takes to long. Some of us like to get 360 iso's in packs of 100/50 mb .rar's. So i am thinking aslong as you have the iso of a game (it must be NTSC or PAL depending on your region)

Once you have any iso of a game that is in your region can you use any SS? Is the SS for one game the same on every disc or is every disc have a different SS. What i mean let's take oblivion for example, does every copy of oblivion have the same SS, or does eveyr copy of oblivionhave a different SS.

Basically what i am saying is to avoid the hassle of backing up and getting the SS. if you have a proper ISO can you use any SS? like lets say you get a backup from somewhere else and get a security sector from somewhere else could that work?

I see in the future people starting websites that have SS's posted on them seeing that aren't even 1 kb. But are the SS's copryrighted code. Come on unsigned code i want flash fxp and XBMC and back up through qwix. cool.gif

( i know i posted this somewhere else but i feel this is going to be an issue for some people and it would be better to address the situation away from a thread at almost 350 posts.)

another reason i brought this up is with constantly powering up your 360 opening and changing the firmware for every game you buy to backup is going to be alot of flashing and messing around and it is bound someone is going to make a small mistake and ruin there 360. It would be great if you import iso's and security sectors providing they are in your region.

brywalker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ May 16 2006, 02:12 AM) *

Once you have any iso of a game that is in your region can you use any SS? Is the SS for one game the same on every disc or is every disc have a different SS. What i mean let's take oblivion for example, does every copy of oblivion have the same SS, or does eveyr copy of oblivionhave a different SS.

Basically what i am saying is to avoid the hassle of backing up and getting the SS. if you have a proper ISO can you use any SS? like lets say you get a backup from somewhere else and get a security sector from somewhere else could that work?

I see in the future people starting websites that have SS's posted on them seeing that aren't even 1 kb. But are the SS's copryrighted code. Come on unsigned code i want flash fxp and XBMC and back up through qwix. cool.gif

As I posted in the other thread, the SS is the same for the same game. Your NTSC USA Oblivion will be the same as mine. However you can't swap them. Ridge Racer will be different from Kameo.

There are already some SS files on usenet.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

Yes.  It is a very inconvienient hack that probably wont be utilized by about 90% of this scene in its current state.

What should you do?  Wait until things get easier.  

frOOt lOOps

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

ya true but some of us get our backups of the net that come in packs of 50/100 mb .rar's aslong as we get the SS not hassle. just patch iso burn and play.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ May 15 2006, 10:31 PM) *
ya true but some of us get our backups of the net that come in packs of 50/100 mb .rar's aslong as we get the SS not hassle. just patch iso burn and play.

and some of you are about to get banned from xbox-scene