xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Computer Freezing  (Read 39 times)

infamswun

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« on: September 09, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »

So I finally decided to update from 1.5 to 1.6. I am not very sure how I got it to work the first time around but whenever I put the drive into vendor mode, the computer would freeze. (No drivers installed) but when I install the drivers for the VIA card, I can use my computer just fine.

Do I need to get the inquiry and key again? Or just the dummy.bin
Should I go ahead with erasing the drive WITH the drivers?

infamswun

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »

So after playing around with trying to get it to not freeze. My Spear addon for the CK3 is now permanently green. Is that a bad thing?

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

if your drive is a liteon and already flashed with 1.5 therers no need for the spear full stop.

all you do is have the tray half open and powered on.open jungleflasher and go to dvdkey page,use get dummy from ixtreme button.it will rip a dummy from the drive,this contains all the info (key etc)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

dougiegillam1357

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »

If your having trouble in windows just use dosflash. Or you can download a very good utility with all the files /f/w already on it from xbins called 360 modification usb disk 1.6 revision 4. Its a breeze and very easy to use.

infamswun

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

Thanks for the other tips but my system is still freezing without the VIA drivers and I keep reading to uninstall which may conflict the processes of rewriting the firmware or whatnot.

dirtydrama

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

i had the same problem i flashed around 10 lite-on drives with my via card and jungle flasher without any freezing problems. now whenever i try to do a lite-on with it i get frozen pc. my fix was just to use my onboard sis sata chipset for lite-on. the via still works fine for sammys and benq but i have to use the sis for lite-on and hitachi. hope this helps

pogi1100

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

Why don't you just try erasing it with the drivers installed. There's really no harm as you can just erase it if it fails as described here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=673708.

IMO you should try and erase and write it and see what happens. (AS LONG AS YOU GOT THE VALID KEY THOUGH.) Liteons are "unbrickable" in my experience.

infamswun

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »

dirty I don't have onboard sata. old P4 with straight up IDEs

Thanks for the help poli, I will try as suggested. I have got a valid key and everything already but I did not know the process to rewriting the drive or whatnot since there doesn't seem to be any guides telling me if I need all those other keys like inquiry key and the other one besides dummy.

infamswun

• Archived User
Computer Freezing
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

After playing around with a bit more I figured out what I forgot to do. I unplugged my CD and DVD drives used power cable that connects to those and it worked. All without the need of the drivers of course. Thanks guys, you guys have been a great help.

Final question: So.. is my Spear permanently green reversible or is it bad?