xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Replace Xbox 360 Dvd Drive?  (Read 55 times)

xxjohnkxx

• Archived User
How Do I Replace Xbox 360 Dvd Drive?
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

I have a lite-on drive and its not playing games. It opens and closes and starts to read but gos to open tray in like 2 sec. I want to just get a new one anyway because lite-on drives are to hard to flash and requires you to buy something to do it. I know I cant just put any drive in and it will just work because each xbox has unique info for each 360 that has to match up. But how do I get that info from my broken drive? Can I somehow get it from the xbox????

deluxe247

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(xxjohnkxx @ Aug 23 2009, 10:13 PM) *

I have a lite-on drive and its not playing games. It opens and closes and starts to read but gos to open tray in like 2 sec. I want to just get a new one anyway because lite-on drives are to hard to flash and requires you to buy something to do it. I know I cant just put any drive in and it will just work because each xbox has unique info for each 360 that has to match up. But how do I get that info from my broken drive? Can I somehow get it from the xbox????

As long as your Lite-On still powers on, you can probably pull the information from it. But you are still going to need to get the probe.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(xxjohnkxx @ Aug 23 2009, 10:13 PM) *

As stated you will still need to buy some type of extractor or probe to get the drive key from the Liteon before you can replace it with another drive. There is no way around this.

bluemimmosa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

u can replace any drive with ur current drive, if u can get ur dvdkey....

i have one idea. the open tray issue is due to weak laser so it is better if u try to replace the laser lens unit from another working drive. any drives laser unit are identical so can use..
Try replacing ur laser if not u need to get the dvdkey from ur currnet drive which is not possible without the probe...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(bluemimmosa @ Aug 24 2009, 01:39 AM) *

u can replace any drive with ur current drive, if u can get ur dvdkey....

i have one idea. the open tray issue is due to weak laser so it is better if u try to replace the laser lens unit from another working drive. any drives laser unit are identical so can use..
Try replacing ur laser if not u need to get the dvdkey from ur currnet drive which is not possible without the probe...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Samsung and Hitachi laser are the same. Those lasers wont work on Liteons. Some BenQ lasers are the same a Liteons and some are not.