xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How?  (Read 223 times)

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« on: November 01, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

how do i put windows on my xb im planing on putting an xecutor x3 in it with a 200gig hd so once i get the x3 how do i do it and also i dont really understand the tech talkbecause i am a newbie that only started even looking at modding a couple days ago and will you please include links to anything i will need to buy oh and what is the best version of windows i can get to work on my box

betaluva

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

by installing linux, the use bochs or virtualpc to install and run windows

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (betaluva @ Nov 1 2004, 09:20 PM)

all with 64MB of ram???  ;)

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

i have no idea what you guys are talking about i just started looking into modding last week :uhh:

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

oh by the way im goin to get the x3 chip will that work and im also getting a bigger hd

Scan-C

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

you can only run windows through a pc emulator in linux right now. we are working to get it running native.

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

WHAT??? :uhh:

vicviper74

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

ok since your still clueless The only "Operating System" that work is gentoox and xebian both are linux. and the  first guy that recomended is for you to use linux os to EMULATE THE WiNDOWS OS. BUT IT WILL BE VERY SLOW now the

Now the other guy
you can only run windows through a pc emulator in linux right now. we are working to get it running native.
said hes basically trying to get windows to boot up by its self with out having to use anything other program to assist it to install. I hope you understand this cause if you dont then you probably dont know how to use windows very much anyways, and just want some kinda of internet browser. If thats the case
get linksBOX for web surfing. or just get GENTOOX  cause its easier to install.
and you can web surfing with all the plugins and have chat service called gaim which is for aol msn and yahoi irc mirc ICQ. and others  GOODLUCK AND IF YOUR STILL CLUELESS DONT REPLY cause  we cant halp you. not being mean but you dont have alcue goto main website and READ THE tutorials

This post has been edited by vicviper74: Nov 5 2004, 02:50 PM

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

okay now i get what your sayin now like i said im getting the x3 with linux i want something that i can use as a pc seeing as how the one i built is down now can i still play games and live and also can i still have the basic x3 features of saveing games to the hd and stuff (i think i can but im not sure) now someone was talking about the 64mb ram im curently trying to find out how to do the 128mb mod (links to tuts would really help) now how much hd space does the whole windows setup take up oh and will it work with a sd-616t swap (im guessing yes but i want to know for sure)

(sorry bout that earlier i only started looking into modding my xb about a week ago)

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

so?

p.s. still lookin for that 128mb tut but i cant find one (any links?)

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

bump Bump BUMP

i need answers

nightracer352

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

BUMP!!!

Start

• Archived User
How?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

After reading your replys its clear you have no clue, so the answer at the minute for you is

"You cant"

Anyway when you eventually read other posts by using the SEARCH function you will see that it doesnt perform very well on the xbox anyway so theres really no point installing it

As for the 128mb mod you get an old memory chip out of an old xbox and solder it on top of the one you have already. (I think they need to be the same brand and model chip)

However 128mb causes quite a few games to stop working. So not ideal for you if you still want to be able to play xbox games.

This post has been edited by Start: Dec 3 2004, 10:13 AM