xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: So I Bricked My Hitachi 79, Where Do I Go From Here?  (Read 22 times)

Rumble19

• Archived User
So I Bricked My Hitachi 79, Where Do I Go From Here?
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »

I don't really know anything about spoofing drives. I've found a few benq's on ebay, they are the BenQ VAD6038. Would I be able to use this drive in my xbox? How would I go about doing this? I have the original firmware on my computer (luckily). Thanks for your help!

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

Use the latest Jungle Flasher. Read the BenQ firmware then create a IX 1.6 firmware from the original dump. Then copy and paste your Hitachi drive key to it. then go manual spoofing and select Hitachi 79. Then flash this firmware to the BenQ drive.

Also read the Jungle Flasher tutorial from the link provided within the program.

Rumble19

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Aug 10 2009, 02:20 AM) *

Use the latest Jungle Flasher. Read the BenQ firmware then create a IX 1.6 firmware from the original dump. Then copy and paste your Hitachi drive key to it. then go manual spoofing and select Hitachi 79. Then flash this firmware to the BenQ drive.

Also read the Jungle Flasher tutorial from the link provided within the program.

thanks this will help a lot. Is benQ the best drive to get?

Traviss63

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »

Actually Rumble IMHO the BenQ's laser goes out fairly quickly. If I were you I would just go for another Hitachi 79( I buy from here >Hitachi 79. They're cheap and ship fast)

Seeing as how you bricked your current 79 you may want to go with a Hitachi 78 (Link to buy Hitachi 78) since they are easier to flash as they don't require the 79 unlock CD.

Good Luck!

This post has been edited by Traviss63: Aug 10 2009, 05:55 PM

zyo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Traviss63 @ Aug 10 2009, 05:54 PM) *

Actually Rumble IMHO the BenQ's laser goes out fairly quickly. If I were you I would just go for another Hitachi 79( I buy from here >Hitachi 79. They're cheap and ship fast)

Seeing as how you bricked your current 79 you may want to go with a Hitachi 78 (Link to buy Hitachi 78) since they are easier to flash as they don't require the 79 unlock CD.

Good Luck!

the guy just bricked a hitachi and you recommended him to buy another one? Hitachi is the worst driver for noobs.
go for anything other than a hitachi. BTW the website you recommended sells refurbished hitachi. defintely would buy a new one other than a refurbished

Traviss63

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

IMO Hitachi's are very simple to flash, the 79 just requires an extra step that confuses some people hence my second suggestion to go to a 78... and show me a place that sells NEW Xbox 360 drives...you can't because it doesn't exist bro,the ONLY way to get a brand new drive for a 360 is through M$ and that's a minimum $100.
I have dealt with MANY refurbs of all models from this company and every one of them has done the job perfectly and are still running strong.

Remember; Just because *YOU* can't do something or find it harder... doesn't mean that everyone will.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Traviss63: Aug 10 2009, 11:09 PM