xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Jungle Flash Reports The Fw Vs Iprep  (Read 55 times)

blipidy

• Archived User
How Jungle Flash Reports The Fw Vs Iprep
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »

i just flashed my benq to 1.6 using jungle flasher. when i went back and reread the drive, it came up reporting that my fw was ixtreme1.6_12x... so thats the firmware description that jf reports.

now the first time that i flashed my drive i used iprep and did it with ixtreme 1.51. now i was happy with iprep but i decided to give jf a try. i know my fw was ix1.51 but the first time i read the drive info in jf, it came back reporting that the firmware was stock (even tho it was actually 1.51)

why would jf read the ix1.51 firmware as being stock (when i told it to read the drive info prior to flashing) yet when i did the 1.6 upgrade, it reported it as ix1.6. if thats the case, shouldnt jf have reported my 1.51 fw as 1.51 instead of stock? i closed jf and restarted it, reread the fw and it came back with the same description.

might this be because i used a different program (iprep) the first time and iprep doesnt identify what revision the fw is as where jf reports the revision?
i am temped to erase and reflash my drive with iprep using ix1.6, then come back into jf and tell it to read the drive information to see what it comes back as, whether it reports it as being stock, or 1.6.

has anyone else noticed this?

majinsoftware

• Archived User
How Jungle Flash Reports The Fw Vs Iprep
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »

Its just something that happens, Had it on a few xbox's iv updated to 1.6, And its not just from iprep.
I think its more to do with the dumping of the firmware then the write.